In case you haven’t noticed by now, I love Tex-Mex foods. It is probably from eating so much of it while growing up in Texas. While it is harder to find good Tex-Mex in Mississippi where I currently reside, it is not exactly impossible. Especially when I cook it up in my own kitchen!
- 6 chicken breasts
- 15 oz. canned black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- cooked rice
- Combine ingredients in slow cooker in order listed, except rice and cheese.
- Cover; cook on LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH 4-5 hours.
- Serve over rice and top with cheese.
I usually use less chicken than what the recipe calls for here. It really depends on what you want more of – chicken or beans. We eat ours with chips, but this would also make an excellent burrito/taco filling or nacho topping. Our entire family enjoys this recipe, and it is one I cook when I need a good chicken crock pot recipe. I love the simplicity of this recipe. There are few ingredients, and most are items I always have in the cabinet. Let me know how you use this recipe, whether it be for tacos, burritos, nachos or something else.