I LOVE Mexican food. In fact, when we go out to eat as a family, I would much rather head to a Mexican restaurant because I know that we will all be able to find something on the menu we like and we won’t leave hungry.
But we all know that sometimes a simple taco can get boring…right?!? These little Mini Taco Cups are anything but boring!
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- Non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown turkey meat, drain and return to skillet.
- In a separate skillet, saute onion and add to meat. Add taco seasoning, ½ packet at a time and mix well.
- Add water and cook on high until most of the water has reduced down. Simmer on low for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cut 5 inch circles from the flour tortillas. Wrap in a damp paper towel and microwave for about 30 seconds to soften.
- Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray and place tortillas into the muffin pan. Mold the tortilla to look like a cup or bowl in the muffin pan.
- Place a layer of shredded cheese to tortilla cups, fill with meat and place another layer of cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the tortillas start to brown around the edges.
- Top with lettuce and tomato.