You know we’ve all been there — nights where we have no idea where the day went and there are multiple sets of big eyes staring up with that famished look on their faces. On nights like that, I often go for a tried and true, quick and easy recipe like this Easy Tater Tot Casserole.
I like recipes like this Easy Tater Tot Casserole, because I always have the ingredients on hand and I can make a meal the whole family will love without much effort and time. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s one of those cozy, comforting meals either. You know, those meals that warm you up from the inside — YUM!
All-Clad Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Bonded Skillet with Lid
Pro Tip: For the longest I used skillets that came in those cheap cookware sets you can buy on discount around Christmas. It wasn’t until I spent a little extra cash on a quality skillet that I noticed the difference in how well it cooked. Woah! It’s totally different. Not only does a quality skillet provide an even cook throughout, the highly polished cooking surface on this All-Clad option offers stick resistance and easy maintenance. It’s also oven and broiler-safe up to 600 degrees F and compatible with induction ovens. This option has a limited lifetime warranty and it’s made in good ‘ole USA. Plus, I can’t find one cheaper than Amazon!
Easy Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup diced onion (I use frozen to make it easier.)
- 1 pkg (32 oz) tater tots
- 1 can (10 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- paprika, to sprinkle on top
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F. While oven is preheating, brown ground turkey and onion; drain.
- Grease a 9x13 inch-baking dish. Transfer turkey and onion mixture to baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine cream soups (undiluted), cheese, garlic salt and black pepper. Once thoroughly combined, toss in tater tots and coat evenly.
- Transfer coated tater tots to the baking dish and place on top of turkey and onion mixture.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the top begins to brown slightly.
- Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Easy, peasy right? This Easy Tater Tot Casserole doesn’t take much effort at all, just a bit of patience as you wait for it to get done!
What I really love about this dish is you can pretty much do whatever you want with it. Add different spices, use beef, add green beans…the possibilities are endless with this one.
How do you make your Tater Tot Casserole?
Want more easy recipes? Try these: