Dinner time is a special time in our house.
I especially look forward to this time because I get to talk with the whole family and we just share everything about our day — the good and the bad!
It seems like dinner time is the only time that we have where we are all seated together and things are somewhat calm.
Before dinner, it’s the rush of homework, and after dinner, it’s the rush of cleaning up the dinner mess, getting the kids cleaned up for the next day and then, I have to get all the blog work done.
So, needless to say, dinner time is our family’s special time.
Remember how I like quick and easy recipes? Well, this Queso Burger recipe is definitely quick and easy.
Oh my goodness.
Pure cheesy goodness is what this burger is all about.
Just a few simple ingredients, about half an hour and dinner is on the table ready to be devoured.
- 1.5 lb. ground sirloin
- 1 lb. (16 oz.) VELVEETA®, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 can (10 oz.) RO*TEL® Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 pieces leaf lettuce
- 1 large tomato, cut into 6 slices
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Shape meat into 6 patties.
- Grill 10 minutes or until done (160ºF), turning after 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2 qt pot, combine VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® and heat until completely melted, stirring frequently.
- Assemble burgers by placing lettuce, tomatoes and patties on top of the bottom hamburger bun. Top each burger with 2 Tbsp. VELVEETA® dip. Cover with tops of buns.
Sounds delicious, right?
Yep, it was — absolutely delicious.
Serve with a few baked sweet potato fries and you’ve got a meal the whole family is going to enjoy!
VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® are hosting an amazing sweepstakes to encourage simple, easy weeknight family meals and entertainment ideas. Winners will be picked each week, and the more points you collect the more chances you have of winning! Grand prize winner will receive $15,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of VELVEETA/RO*TEL. The opinions and text are all mine.