St. Patrick’s Day Inspired Pretzels

With St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner, I took one of my children’s favorite snacks and made it a little more festive by adding a little surprise they weren’t expecting. These St. Patrick’s Day inspired pretzels are so easy to make, too!

st patricks day inspired pretzelsThese St. Patrick’s Day Inspired Pretzels were such a hit with the kiddos. They love pretzels anyway, but the fun little sprinkles added a little more fun to snack time.

St. Patrick's Day Inspired Pretzels
Prep time
Total time
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: Makes 36
  • 1 square premium white chocolate
  • 36 small pretzels
  • green sprinkles
  1. Prepare work area with two bowls; one for melted white chocolate and one for sprinkles. Line a large area with parchment paper to give pretzels time to harden.
  2. Melt white chocolate square in microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for one minute and stir. As you stir, the chocolate will continue to melt. If needed, heat in 30 second increments until melted. You could melt it on the stove, but I used the microwave.
  3. Dip the bottom of a pretzel into the melted white chocolate and then immediately into the sprinkles. Place pretzels on parchment paper to harden.

While this definitely isn’t a fancy recipe that requires skill, time and much effort, the kiddos loved these St. Patrick’s Day Inspired Pretzels!

Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with these fun St. Patrick's Day Inspired Pretzels!Do you make anything for St. Patrick’s Day?

Crystal is Owner & Editor of Simply Being Mommy. She is a work-at-home mom and enjoys being wife and mommy. She loves family, travel, chocolate and Diet Coke.

What a sweet mom you are. Chocolate dipped anything is good in my book :)

These are adorable.

What a fun snack :) Somehow sprinkles make everything better!

I love dipped pretzels. They look adorable too!

My daughter would love to make these.

Those look so cute! And easy? Bonus!

Those are totally cute, how neat!

Super cute!

I love easy yet delicious snacks like this, especially when they’re festive.

What a cute idea! I want to make some sort of St. Patricks Day cupcakes tomorrow.

Oh I love this idea and so simple and festive!

Those are so cute, and your photos are beautiful!

What a great idea and super easy to make it looks like.

Wow! These look yummy!

I will have to try this. Looks yummy!

I love chocoalte and pretzles!!

Mmm perfect combo :)

Cute and festive!

Simple, but yummy! LOVE it!

What a great idea. Think I’ll do something similar for a party that I’m invited to next week.

i love simple and yummy recipes!

My son would love these!

I love jazzing up pretzels, so much fun!

Those are gorgeous (and not just for St Patricks Day)

I love chocolate covered pretzels and the sprinkles add such a cute touch!

I love, love, love, LOVE chocolate covered pretzels — I used to make them all the time in college as my “treat”. I might have been addicted. I haven’t made them yet for my kids because I’m afraid I’ll end up eating them all!

These are super cute, Crystal.

These look so yummy!

Came back to get this recipe! They look so good :-)

Those look so yummy!

I want it now!!

Love Pretzels!

I love these and so simple. It would be so easy to adapt them for any holiday.

Oooh – these look good. I’ll bet you could use pastel sprinkles and make them for Easter!

How festive! I love chocolate covered pretzels and these look like a real winner for St. Patrick’s Day!

These are so festive and fun… and easy to make! Why have I not been making dipped pretzels for pretty much EVERY holiday??

These are so festive and easy to make! I love anything that involves chocolate and pretzels. Love them.

This looks like a delicious way to git a bit o’ the Irish in me. Thanks!

I need this immediately! I don’t even care if they’re’ for St. Patrick’s day. I want them, and I want them frequently!

Catherine S says:

I bet this is really good. You can’t go wrong with pretzels and chocolate.

I’m a big fan of the pretzel/white chocolate combo and the sprinkles just add such a fun touch! I’ll have to whip some of these up for our celebrations tomorrow!

Those would be cute wrapped up in a cellophane bag to give to a neighbor! Love this.

Now this is something almost anyone can make with ease-even klutzes like me! Adults would also love these-not just the kids!!

We usually make corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick’s Day. But these pretzels look way better- that could be because I have a sweet tooth.

Jess Scull says:

So simple & yummy! I may make these tomorrow!

Oh woooow! This looks incredibly easy and tasty to do. Perfect for St. Paddy’s Day celebrations!

I love those pretzels! Very festive and totally easy!

Victoria says:

These are pretty fun! I’m a sucker for themed holiday desserts and treats. :)

These look great, I love festive foods. I never would have thought to add sprinkles, that’s a super cute tough.

This idea is a lot of fun. Where did you get the green and white sprinkles?

These looks soo good! Imagine making these with huge soft pretzels! Yum!

Yum and so festive!! We’d be able to make these quickly. Thanks!

This is adorable – and doesn’t sound that difficult – I could see me doing this and sharing with our Post Mistresses and my hubby and…Crystal, just a nice, tasty St Patty’s Day to you!

I have some pretzel sticks! I am going to make a version of these for my kids tomorrow while they are at school!

Yum! These look great! Very festive and most definitely a great little St Patty’s treat!

These are really cute! I love chocolate covered pretzels!

I could go for one of those pretzels right about now, late night snack attack! LOL NOM NOM NOM

I don’t usually make anything for St. Patrick’s day, but would use any excuse to eat dipped pretzels. For my crew I will have to double the batch!

These are so cute! Chocolate covered pretzels are one of my favorite treats!

What a cute dessert and treat for tomorrow’s festivities!

They’re cute. That’s an easy, fun way to celebrate the holiday.

That is such a cute idea. I am going to try this with my toddler.

I’ve never really tried to make inspired meals for St Patrick’s day before, but my kids would love these. I’ve only dipped the big rods, but this is prefect for a lunch treat.

How fun! What a perfect idea for St Patrick’s Day

My kids would be all over this snack. They love sprinkles! :)

Chocolate covered pretzels are one of my favorite snacks. And I love the added sprinkles!

These look so quick to make and perfect for the occasion. I know my kids will love them (and they can even help!).

Those look great! My kids love pretzels with chocolate on them, they like making them too!

What a fun, festive and delish way to celebrate the day! This past weekend we made shamrock cookies that we dipped in chocolate.

These are festive and cute! I imagine they taste great too.

These are cute and so easy too. Happy St. Patrick’s Day

Those are so cute! And such an easy way to add a little St. Patrick’s flare to the day!

What a cute idea. I love dipping everything in chocolate but I never think to decorate it for a theme

My kids would love these. They’re such big pretzel fans!

Debbie Denny says:

That is really cool. Love the sparkly

Rachelle J says:

These look so cute and yummy! I’m a sucker for anything with a theme!

Cute simple and delicious! A great idea to make with the kids.

These look great! I love the salty and sweet combo :)

Oh, those are so fun looking – love the St Patric’s flare to it

We like to make cupcakes for St. Patrick’s Day. I love sweet and salty together so these pretzels would be a nice change!

I love, love chocolate covered pretzels! I’m making a treat everyday this week. I might just have to add this to the list,

I celebrate being Irish all month long in March for Irish American Heritage Month. I go all out for St. Patrick’s Day. We usually have a big dinner the weekend before as a family and then on the actual day hubs and I go out with the other adults and have a great time. My aunts are in their 50s and 60s and they are still doing pub crawls. Its so much fun.

Those are both delicious and festive! Easy recipe too. :)

I love pretzels with white chocolate. These look so festive and easy to make too!

We have so much left over birthday cake that I didn’t make anything for St Pat’s But I did drink some wine. Does that count?

Whitney J. says:

What a perfect and fun St. Patrick’s treat! My kids and I love pretzels – this would be an easy thing for my daughter to help make! Grandma sent them home with green cupcakes yesterday :).

valerie g says:

oh those look so good!!! I love pretzels. I will have to try this.

I love to dip pretzel sticks in chocolate. This is such a cute idea for St. Patrick’s Day, but could be adapted for other holidays, too! :)

I LOVE dipping pretzels into chocolate or melted candy. My kids LOVE it. Love your idea of using green for St. Pattys Day.

Debbie L. says:

Pinned your pretzels – I want to make them next year! Perfect St Patty’s Day treat!

That is such a cute idea! I love candy dipped pretzels! Thanks for sharing.