The gowns, the red carpet, the heartfelt speeches – I love everything about award season! With the Oscars less than a week away, I’m definitely looking forward to the emotional acceptances of the golden statues. The stars get a chance to express their gratitude on the big stage, and those who gush with sincere appreciation make me love them even more. That incredible opportunity to express thanks is one that is hard to replicate.
Who would I thank if I were on stage? My sisters! My three older sisters played a huge part in raising me, and even though I’m an adult, I still depend on them. Whether it be calling Jori in the middle of the night to listen to a child’s cough, asking Andrea to write my resume’, or dropping my girls off at Carolyn’s so I can get my hair done – they are always there for me.
If you’re looking for a meaningful way to say thanks, Merci Chocolates suggests delivering a toast. Mindy Lockard of the Gracious Girl shared these tips for when to deliver your toast to ensure you’re the “toastest with the mostest.”
- Toast of Welcome: Can be given by anyone. It’s a time where everyone raises their glasses in celebration of an event or just dinner among friends. It can be given sitting or standing.
- Toast to Guest of Honor: Given by the host or hostess at dessert honoring the guest of honor.
- Toast to the Host: A reciprocal toast given to the host, by the guest of honor after the toast to the Guest of Honor.
I’ll be watching the awards show on my couch with my best friends, enjoying the Merci Chocolate “Joy of Thank You” Red Carpet Kit. This kit, perfect for a movie night screening the “Best Picture” winner, includes:
- A box of Merci chocolates to share
- Four elegant champagne flutes
- Festive popcorn containers
- Tips for Toasting
One (1) winner will receive a Merci Chocolate “Joy of Thank You” Red Carpet Kit!
How to Enter:
Simply leave me a comment below letting me know who you would give a meaningful thank you to if you were to win a big award!
Extra Entries Available:
After you have completed the first entry, you are eligible for additional entries. Make sure you leave a separate comment for EACH entry. Each counts as one extra entry unless noted otherwise.
- Subscribe to Simply Being Mommy by reader or email.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Add Simply Being Mommy (Crystal Reagan) on Google+.
- Join the Simply Being Mommy Community.
- “Like” Simply Being Mommy on Facebook.
- Follow Simply Being Mommy and Merci Chocolates on Twitter AND Tweet about the giveaway. Leave the URL to the Tweet in your comment. You can tweet once a day, but remember to leave the URL to each tweet. You must have at least 50 followers for this extra entry. Tweet a heartfelt thank you to @MerciChocolates using the #MerciAwards hashtag!