Promotional product provided for review. Please see below for full disclosure.
Growing up, going back to school always meant two things for me: new school supplies and a new pair of Converse All Star’s. Now that it’s my children who are heading back to school, I want them to also have fond memories of the excitement of a new school year. Like many of you, I’ve been up and down the aisles stocking up on all the crayons, markers, and paint that fills their lists.
My back to school shopping goals are definitely to get the best deals possible, but also to ensure that I’m not wasting my money on poor quality products. There’s one name in school supplies that I can always rely on, Crayola. That yellow and green box means that I know it will last from fall until summer.
I went to a couple of different stores, and wanted to share some of the deals I found on the Crayola products I was adding to my cart.
As a fan of Target (it’s my worst addiction), I started shopping there. Overall, I found the best deals here. Got to love the red and khaki!
- $2.49 for 24 count Washable Crayons
- $0.99 for 10 Fine Line Markers or the Broad Line (Did you know the classic markers and colored pencils are preferred by teachers?)
- $1.97 for 8-color watercolor set
- $0.50 for a box of 24 crayons
- $4.99 for 50 count SuperTips Washable Markers
Although not on their list, I checked out some art kits for my budding artists. There was a great sale on dry erase products like kits to learn ABC’s and also some new things I haven’t ever tried, like dry erase colored pencils. I also picked up some Crayola Bathtub Crayons for the regular price of $3.99 because it just seemed fun!
My hunt then took me to Staples. The prices were slightly higher on the Crayola products I found, but if you take advantage of their $0.01 deals on things like folders & binder paper, you may end up spending around the same amount. These are the prices I found:
- $3.00 for 24 count Twistables
- $1.00 for 16 count Crayons
- $4.00 for 8 count Washable Markers (the Techno Brite collection was only $2.00!)
- $3.00 for 8-color watercolor set
Toys R Us
It isn’t somewhere I’d normally have thought of to shop for school supplies, but they were having a promotion where you get a free lunch kit with the purchase of a qualifying backpack so I shopped at Toys R Us, too. Although I found better deals at Target, they were hosting a Buy One, Get One Free Sale on many Crayola products. For example:
- $3.99 for 10 count Washable Markers
- $4.99 for 20-count SuperTips Washable Markers
My girls started school and were so happy to have their new backpacks full of Crayola supplies to ensure that they are ready to tackle the big worlds of kindergarten and transitional kindergarten (the preschool program Harper is enrolled in). I can rest assured that they have everything they need. Now all I have left to do is bawl about how old they are getting!
With Crayola’s washable markers being the “World’s Most Washable” marker, it’d be hard to purchase another brand. With all the money spent on back to school clothing, I’ll take the “World’s Most Washable” marker any day. And for those of us who try to live a little greener, you’ll be happy to know that Crayola colored pencils are made with reforested wood.
What is your go-to back to school supply brand?
One (1) winner will receive a $25 Visa gift card!
How to Enter:
Simply leave me a comment below letting me know one of YOUR favorite back to school memories!
Extra Entries Available:
After you have completed the first entry, you are eligible for additional entries. Make sure you leave a separate comment for EACH entry. Each counts as one extra entry unless noted otherwise.
- Subscribe to Simply Being Mommy by reader or email.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Add Simply Being Mommy (Crystal Reagan) on Google+.
- “Like” Simply Being Mommy and Crayola on Facebook.
- Follow Simply Being Mommy and Crayola on Twitter AND Tweet about the giveaway. Leave the URL to the Tweet in your comment. You can tweet once a day, but remember to leave the URL to each tweet. You must have at least 100 followers for this extra entry. You can tweet ” Enter to win a $25 Visa gift card from @simplybeingmom and @Crayola! http://bit.ly/125MOf5 #giveaway #backtoschool “