This moment was made possible by early detection. My husband’s aunt Debbie is a breast cancer survivor, and we are thrilled to celebrate 15 years of remission with her. As we as a nation celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Aunt Debbie has one more thing to celebrate: being here to witness the birth of her first grandchild.
Early prevention and detection are critical. Aunt Debbie found the lump herself, and cites self-exam and annual mammograms as key elements for detection. While few of us are in the market for a mammography machine for our personal use, knowing that Philips has a MicroDose Mammography machine means getting checked with decreased concern about the amount of radiation we’re exposed to.Have you been seeing pink this month? On the anniversary of her remission, we all put on our favorite pink ensembles. However, Debbie and her friends also rock the rainbow from rose to magenta on Wednesdays during October. The Philips Breast Cancer Initiative has been lighting up the US pink at places like malls and airports in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. But the movement has gone global! Check out these global landmarks illuminated in a new hue!
In honor of a great cause, we are tickled pink to be able to offer you a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card. Consider buying groceries for a family whose loved one is on the way to becoming a breast cancer survivor. Maybe you’ll donate to your local breast cancer research facility? Whether you win or not, you can still make a difference!
One (1) winner will receive a $100 Visa Gift Card!
How to Enter:
Simply leave me a comment below letting me know how you would use the money towards good!
Extra Entries Available:
After you have completed the first entry, you are eligible for additional entries. Make sure you leave a separate comment for EACH entry. Each counts as one extra entry unless noted otherwise.
- Subscribe to Simply Being Mommy by reader or email.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Add Simply Being Mommy (Crystal Reagan) on Google+.
- Join the Simply Being Mommy Community on Google+.
- Follow Simply Being Mommy on Instagram.
- “Like” Simply Being Mommy on Facebook.
- Follow Simply Being Mommy on Twitter AND Tweet about the giveaway. Leave the URL to the Tweet in your comment. You can tweet once a day, but remember to leave the URL to each tweet. You must have at least 100 followers for this extra entry. You can tweet ” Enter to win a $100 Visa Gift Card from @simplybeingmom #PhilipsBCA http://bit.ly/1hztfzI #giveaway “