You know me, I’m all about quick and easy recipes. So when I’m thinking about new recipes, I have a list of go to ingredients that are at the top of the list…and Puff Pastry is one of those ingredients.
My husband has been on a cream cheese kick lately so I decided to play around in the kitchen to create an easy recipe using Puff Pastry and cream cheese. Since my husband loves a cream cheese danish, I wanted to create something similar. And that is how these Cream Cheese Puffs came to fruition.
I’m so excited about these, y’all. They can be customized for holiday entertaining, birthdays, or pretty much any occasion you’d like. You can add sprinkles or use tinted white chocolate for the drizzle.
- 2 sheets (1 box) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 chocolate baking squares
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll puff pastry and spread out onto cutting board. Cut each sheet into 12 equal pieces.
- Beat cream cheese, egg, vanilla extract, and sugar on medium until smooth and creamy. With a teaspoon, place a spoonful onto the center of each cut piece of puff pastry. Be careful to keep it in the center so that you can easily seal the edges. With a fork, gently press down along the edges to ensure a proper seal and create decorative indentions.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the top of the puff pastry is a nice, golden brown.
- Let cool. In the meantime, melt the chocolate baking squares according the directions on the package. Once the puffs are cool, drizzle chocolate over the tops. Finish by sprinkling with powdered sugar.
I made these miniature for little hands (I’ve got three little kids, y’all), but feel free to make them larger. Instead of 12 per sheet, you could make 6 per sheet. You would make them same way, only the yield would be 12 rather than 24.
There are so many different flavor components to this little piece of goodness that they were almost too good to share (but I’m a nice mom so I shared). The pastry is light, flaky and fluffy, the cream cheese is sweet and rich, and well the chocolate is just decadent. One is enough to satisfy that sweet tooth and you’ll have plenty leftover to share…if you want.
With the holiday entertaining season quickly approaching, quick, easy and delicious recipes are the way to go. The season is about spending time with those you love, not slaving away in the kitchen.
In addition to Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, you can also purchase Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Shells and Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Cups! I foresee many fun strawberry and whipped cream recipes in the near future.
I’m always looking for ways to spark new creative ideas with my recipes. I hope you enjoy this recipe and don’t forget to check out more recipes at www.puffpastry.com and on the Puff Pastry Facebook Page.