wordpress statistics

4 Reasons You Should Be Watching Bizaardvark on the Disney Channel

I was a weird kid. For at least a week in 8th grade, I wore neon safety lab glasses to school. You know the ones that look like a scuba mask? Our uniform rules were pretty strict, but eyewear and hair accessories were free game. The loophole amused me, but, let’s be honest, it wasn’t necessarily well received by my peers. But being normal didn’t appeal as much as rocking the neon lab rat look.

Growing up is tough stuff. Figuring out where you fit in is not for the faint of heart. That’s why this grown-up weirdo is so excited to share a fun new show on the Disney Channel, Bizaardvark!

4 Reasons You Should Be Watching Bizaardvark on the Disney Channel

4 Reasons You Should Be Watching Bizaardvark on the Disney Channel

The Relatable Characters: Bizaardvark is the comedic story of  best friends Paige (Olivia Rodrigo) and Frankie (Madison Hu), who just don’t feel like they fit in. The duo start a Vuuugle show (think YouTube) where they post their funny songs and videos. Once they hit 10,000 subscribers, they are allowed access to the Vuuugle studio which they share with other vloggers.

During the Bizaardvark set visit, we were able to sit down and chat with both the producers of the show and cast members. Most cast members admitted that they were a lot like the characters they play, and that they were able to add some of their own personalities into their roles. Ethan Wacker (“Bernie”) shared that he’s a little more athletic than his character. Just the same, seeing actors that act like real kids is a great thing!

I loved that Paige and Frankie aren’t like all the rest of the teens you see on television. They’re not as focused on boys and fashion, but use their minds, their creativity, and their sense of humor to make it big.

4 Reasons You Should Be Watching Bizaardvark on the Disney Channel

Embracing Weirdness: A big message embedded within the show is the empowering idea to “find your place”. Middle school, high school — it’s easy to feel like you don’t belong. But Bizaardvark is a great teaching tool that you fit in somewhere, even if that means creating your own space.

Paige and Frankie didn’t lose their bizarre-ness. They found the right place to share it.

Social Media Themed: More and more young people are turning to social media for a creative outlet, just like Paige and Frankie. As two Vuuugle stars, they are bringing a hot topic to the Disney Channel.

During our visit we learned that some of the writers for the show are YouTubers. Having writers that know the vlogging world brings authenticity to the show.

It’s Hard Work: For some, internet stardom happens overnight, but for the majority it is a slow process built through hard work. I love that Bizaardvark shows all the effort and dedication that goes into building a successful show.

My kids were pretty excited when I got to visit the Bizaardvark set and check out the first episode. Now that Episode 2 of Bizaardvark is about to air on Sunday, July 10th, I’m looking forward to watching with them to see what Paige and Frankie come up with next.

You can check out Bizaardvark when it moves to its regular time slot on Sunday’s at 8:30 PM EDT starting this Sunday, July 10th. Neon lab glasses are encouraged while viewing!

About Melanie

My name is Melanie. I love glitter, my family, and making lists.

Comments

Catherine S says:

This sounds like a neat show. I will have to watch it with my niece.

I keep hearing about this show. It sounds pretty funny and cute.

Jeanine says:

My girls actually love this! I’ve never seen it before but hear its really cute!

I have never heard of this show but it sounds funny. I think my younger kids would enjoy it for sure.

This sounds like such a fun show. The main characters are super quirky. I think my kids would have loved Bizaardvark.

Okay, I absolutely love the fact that you found a loophole in your uniform policy and took advantage of it, with neon safety glasses no less! I bow to you. LOL I’ve not been the biggest fan of the Disney Channel shows that have been produced the past few years but this one definitely sounds like it has its merits. I’d be curious how it goes!

This sounds like a healthy show to watch for kids. It seems like it would help their self esteem.

Colleen says:

My kids love the Disney Channel but this is one show I haven’t heard of yet. I like that the characters don’t focus too much on boys and fashion.

Nicole Escat says:

Wow, what a nice show. When my son grow up a bit, I will let him watch this show.

This sounds like it is going to be a show my daughter will love. I must be under a cloud because this is the first time I’ve heard of it LOL

Ryan Escat says:

Sounds like a nice show. I will let my sister and sister in law know about this show, they will like it.

I need to ask my kids about those. I bet they’d love it.

parpar de real says:

My nieces will love this they are so cute.

Lindsey G says:

I love positive shows like this. My girls are still a little young to watch, but I do catch them being more interested in shows like Bizaardvark. I am so glad that I can rely on Disney for quality shows for them.

It sounds like you had a great time. I’ve never seen Bizaardvark before but I will check it out.

These are all good reasons to be watching this, I haven’t heard of it yet. Will have to go check it out, not sure if My kids would be interested or not. Will find out 😉

Jennifer says:

I’ve never heard of this show, but it looks super cute. I have yet to see a Disney Channel show that isn’t fantastic. They really know how to do it.

although i have never heard of this show it sounds awesome. Disney always has the best shows. I have always loved them