I’m proud to be working with CVS Pharmacy on the CVS Pharmacy Difference Campaign. All opinions expressed are my own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.
When I first heard about the CVS Pharmacy and Target partnership, I’ll be honest, I wasn’t sure what to think. My thought was, “Why would two well-established retails stores combine forces, especially since Target already has a pharmacy?“
Are you like me? Wondering why these two stores would go in business together?
It’s actually really quite clever. The store-within-a-store concept is becoming more and more popular. Not only does it generate extra foot traffic for the lessee, Target in this case, but also provides extra revenue for the lessor. In this particular case, two separate companies who share the same logo colors, and aisles that share some of the same products, will now be sharing floor space. And if you’re a shopper of either, you’ll now benefit from this acquisition.
Why You’ll Love the CVS Pharmacy and Target Partnership
- You can pick up your prescriptions while doing your normal household shopping. I don’t know about you, but I like the idea of being able to do all my shopping in one store. I can pick up my insomnia medication, a Starbucks Frappe (Does your Target have a Starbucks like mine does?), and a brand new super fluffy blanket all in one stop.
- You still get the same ExtraCare Rewards. Just like picking up your prescriptions at your local CVS, you’ll still earn ExtraBucks when picking up your prescriptions at a CVS Pharmacy inside of a Target store. In addition, patients can also earn rewards for other things they do to stay healthy, like getting immunizations or choosing email refill reminders.
- You’ll save time by not going from store to store. I’m sure you’re just as busy as I am. Being able to get everything I need in one store saves me time. It may not be a ton of time, but even a little bit of time saved is a huge plus in my book.
- You’ll save gas by not driving from store to store. In addition to saving time, the CVS Pharmacy and Target Partnership saves me a little in gas money. Again, it’s probably not a huge sum of money, but any money saved is extra money to spend on something else, preferably something fun.
- And most importantly, you’ll save your sanity. Because who has time to make all those stops on the way home from a 10-hour day at work? By being able to kill two birds with one stone, I’m not only getting done with my to-do list quicker, I’m more efficient, which makes me one happy momma!
My time is valuable and I work hard for my money so being able to save time, money, and my sanity is kind of a big deal to me.
Target shoppers can now take advantage of pharmacy convenience and health expertise associated with CVS Pharmacy. In addition, CVS shoppers now have more options when it comes to where they get their prescriptions filled. Today’s consumers want convenience, and I think the CVS Pharmacy and Target partnership is convenience at its finest.
What are your thoughts on this new partnership? Does it make things more convenient for you?