When it’s Valentine’s Day time — it’s hard to not be all about the sweet desserts, like these Red Velvet Mini Whoopie Pies with Marshmallow Cream Cheese Frosting. Especially with all those resolutions we made to stay away from them. Somehow denying ourselves these sweet, delectable treats only intensifies the desire to indulge.
Or maybe that’s just me.
I don’t know.
But look at these Red Velvet Mini Whoopie Pies with Marshmallow Cream Cheese Frosting. Don’t they look so good. Finishing off the whole dozen would be piece of cake for me.
But then I think about the time I’d have to spend at the gym burning it all off.
And then decide on just one.
Yep, one will do.
But really, deep down inside, one really isn’t enough. They’re mini whoopie pies, y’all!
Red Velvet Mini Whoopie Pies with Marshmallow Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring (true red, gel works best)
- ½ stick butter, softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow fluff
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray whoopie pie pan with cooking spray.
- Using a stand mixer, combine butter and brown sugar, mix until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder in a separate bowl. Add the flour alternating with the buttermilk.
- Stir in food coloring.
- Add 2 tablespoons batter to each well in pan, do not overfill. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, until tops are set and firm.
- Take out of the oven and set aside to cool completely, then add dollops of frosting to make the sandwiches.
- Eat right away or for an even better treat, refrigerate for an hour.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the marshmallow, butter and cream cheese until smooth.
What could be bad about Red Velvet Mini Whoopie Pies with Marshmallow Cream Cheese Frosting? You know, besides the calories and all?
If it wasn’t for those calories, y’all!
Since they’re mini-sized though, you don’t have to feel guilty about eating more than one.
Or at least that is what I tell myself.
It makes me feel a little bit better, at least.
But the best part of these Red Velvet Mini Whoopie Pies with Marshmallow Cream Cheese Frosting is that on Valentine’s Day, none of the calories count! How awesome is that, y’all? But just be prepared, because they’ll catch back up with you on the 15th, unfortunately. But enjoy them anyway! They’re so good!
Want more Valentine’s goodies? Check out these posts:
Easy Valentine’s Day Tree Centerpiece