My family loves any type of food that has Mexican inspiration. You’ll often find us dining out at a number of local Mexican restaurants, but when we get a craving and don’t feel like getting out, it’s usually either a taco or nacho night.
A couple of nights ago I was staring at VELVEETA®, Ro*Tel® and boneless skinless chicken breast and needed to come up with something that would be easy to make and that would appeal to the children. While I was brainstorming, the idea of a casserole type dish came to mind so I decided to go that route.
In the end we had a pretty fabulous Velveeta Chicken Tortilla Bake!
Velveeta Chicken Tortilla Bake
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in to 1" strips
- 18 flour tortillas
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 can Ro*Tel, undrained
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 lb (12oz) Velveeta, cut in to 1" cubes
- 1 tbsp butter