My children absolutely love pizza. If given the opportunity, I’m sure they would eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. But if I can be perfectly honest here, I’m getting bored of the same ‘ol round pizza with pepperoni and cheese.
So I decided to do something about it.
When I still lived at home, my parents used to stock the freezer with pizza pockets so that I could make myself a quick and easy meal if I was home alone. Since I have such fond memories of my childhood, I decided to relive it in the form of pizza pockets.
Just a little more grown up version, if I say so myself.
|Arugula, Proscuitto and Mozzarella Pizza Pockets|
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 thin slices of Proscuitto
- 16 arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- Heat oven to 350F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. If you are using a non-stick cookie sheet, you can skip this step.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into four rectangles. Press firmly to seal the perforations of the two triangles to make one rectangle. You should have four rectangles when you are done.
- Place one slice of proscuitto, four arugula leaves and one tablespoon of mozzarella cheese on each rectangle.
- Starting with one of the short ends, loosely roll each rectangle and seal all edges and seams. Apply light pressure to flatten it, just a little.
- Bake 13 minutes or until edges are a nice golden brown. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.
- Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping.
Complete deliciousness all wrapped up in Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough!
I’m in a *friendly* competition with 29 other bloggers who are all submitting recipes in the Creative Crescent Recipe Challenge. I have no doubt that there are going to be some amazing recipes submitted because I already personally follow over half of the other bloggers and drool over their recipes often.
After reviewing all of the recipes, I’d love for you to vote for my Creative Crescent Recipe if you think it deserves a vote. Once you vote, you’ll be entered to win a $1,000 grocery gift card! Thanks in advance for all your votes!
Make sure you check out all the other quick and easy Pillsbury recipes at www.CreativeCrescents.com.