With the holiday season in full swing, it’s time to start thinking about what special dishes are going to be served at your holiday shindigs. We all know that holiday meals aren’t complete without a few veggies and regardless of your favorite, the anticipation of preparing a special meal for your family and friends is always so exciting.
Besides french fries, mashed potatoes is one of my favorite ways to eat potatoes. The creamy, buttery goodness is always welcome on my dinner table.
Normally, my mashed potatoes aren’t very healthy but I found a healthier mashed potato recipe from Country Crock that I tried out the other night with the family and it was a big success all the way around.
From the ingredients to the preparation, it was an easy dish to make.
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, chopped in similar size pieces to the potato
- 2 cloves garlic (I minced mine)
- ⅓ cup 1% milk
- 3 Tbsp. Country Crock Spread
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Cover potatoes, cauliflower and garlic with water in 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered until vegetables are very tender, about 15 minutes; drain well.
- Return vegetables to saucepan; mash. Stir in remaining ingredients.
My whole family loved this side dish and no one even knew that it had cauliflower in it. Any time I make mashed potatoes in the future, I will make it with cauliflower. It’s such an inventive way to add a bit of nutrition to the traditional mashed potato side dish.
Country Crock has created an online community, the Crock Country Chronicle, that offers recipes, tips and more. You can connect with bloggers, get grab-and-go snack ideas and so much more. If you are needing some inspiration in the kitchen, I highly recommend checking out the Crock Country Chronicle.
One (1) winner will receive a Country Crock Holiday Veggie Kit that includes a coupon for a FREE tub of Country Crock, Veggie preparation tips, Four Country Crock holiday recipes, Vegetable Chop & Measure, and a Calphalon® Contemporary Nonstick Bronze 12″ Frypan!
How to Enter:
Simply visit the Crock Country Chronicle, comment on any article on the site and then come back here to leave me a comment below letting me know which article you commented on!
Extra Entries Available:
After you have completed the first entry, you are eligible for additional entries. Make sure you leave a separate comment for EACH entry. Each counts as one extra entry unless noted otherwise.
- Subscribe to Simply Being Mommy by reader or email.
- Add Simply Being Mommy (Crystal Reagan) on Google+.
- Join the Simply Being Mommy Community.
- “Like” Simply Being Mommy and Country Crock on Facebook.
- Follow Simply Being Mommy and Country Crock on Twitter AND Tweet about the giveaway. Leave the URL to the Tweet in your comment. You can tweet once a day, but remember to leave the URL to each tweet. You must have at least 50 followers for this extra entry. You can tweet ” Win a @Country Crock Holiday Veggie Kit from @simplybeingmom just in time for the holidays http://bit.ly/VrWkHt #HolidayVeggieDish “