This is a partnered post. All thoughts, opinions and experiences are that of the writer.
How do you celebrate summer? Soak up extra sunshine, vacation with your family, commit yourself to sandal-wearing for three months? I love it all!
If you’re looking for inspiration to make your summer celebrations extra special, Nestle has you covered. Nestle has launched Summer Celebrations, a site full of awesome tips and planning ideas to make sure you are celebrating a season of fun & flavor.
Here are just some of my favorite ideas Nestle has suggested:
4th of July:
- Celebrate our nation using confetti poppers, rather than fireworks. They’re not allowed in my town, and, to be honest, kind of scare me around younger children.
- Assemble red, white, and blue parfaits with strawberries, blueberries, and thin layers of ice cream. What a sweet treat to help cool off after a neighborhood parade.
Family Movie Night:
- I’m a huge violator of this next one: turn off technology. I would never text or tweet at a movie theater, so why do I do it in my home movie theater (i.e. couch)? I’ll be disconnecting with Facebook, and reconnecting with my family. Plus, that’ll leave my texting fingers free for more sweets.
- Add pizzazz to your popcorn by adding Buncha Crunch, or other favorite candy, to your popcorn.
- I have amazing neighbors, and we’ll be celebrating from our individual porches. To ensure mingling, I can draw them to my doorstep with the Nestle Carnation Baking Kits. Key Lime Pie, absolutely.
- Host a street-wide water balloon fight. The ultimate cool-down isn’t just for kids. My own spin on the fun would be to make a water balloon piñata!
This is just a sampling of the fun Nestle’s hosting. You can follow them on Pinterest to keep summer fresh and full of fun. If you’re looking to save on all your sun-filled scheduling, you can grab a coupon for $1 any two EDY’S/DREYER’S products. To further ensure a fantastic summer celebration, you can win one of 4 $25 Walmart gift cards right here! Happy Summer!
Four (4) winners will receive a $25 Walmart gift card!
How to Enter:
Simply visit the Nestle Summer Celebrations hub and leave me a comment below letting me know which summer celebration tip you want to implement this summer!
Extra Entries Available:
After you have completed the first entry, you are eligible for additional entries. Make sure you leave a separate comment for EACH entry. Each counts as one extra entry unless noted otherwise.
- Subscribe to Simply Being Mommy by reader or email.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Add Simply Being Mommy (Crystal Reagan) on Google+.
- “Like” Simply Being Mommy on Facebook.
- Follow Simply Being Mommy on Twitter AND Tweet about the giveaway. Leave the URL to the Tweet in your comment. You can tweet once a day, but remember to leave the URL to each tweet. You must have at least 100 followers for this extra entry. You can tweet ” Enter to win one of four $25 @Walmart gift cards from @simplybeingmom — 4 Winners! http://bit.ly/11t1Bgd #giveaway “