I’m a big fan of quick and easy recipes. As I was browsing the recipes over at the Jimmy Dean website I came across this Zesty Sausage Cheese Balls recipe that I wanted to share with y’all!
Zesty Sausage Cheese Balls Recipe
- 2 pkg. (16 oz. each) Hot Flavor Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 16 oz. (4 cups) shredded sharp Cheddar or Jalapeno Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl; stir well. Form into 1″ balls. Place sausage cheese balls on ungreased baking sheet; bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove sausage cheese balls from oven; cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve with cocktail forks or toothpicks.
Note: Sausage cheese balls may be prepared ahead and frozen uncooked. To bake from frozen: thaw on baking sheet 15 minutes; bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Variation: for firmer texture, add 3 cups baking mix and 2 cups shredded cheese to ingredients listed above. May replace fresh jalapenos with canned.
about 6 dozen; variation – 9 dozen
Looks delicious, doesn’t it? Don’t forget about the Jimmy Dean Crumble Rumble Contest where you have an amazing chance to win a trip to NYC!