What can I say? I’m a sucker for muffins. Savory or sweet, I love them all, including these Southwest Muffins.
For Mother’s Day, my husband made me an amazing brunch that included some incredibly yummy muffins. I’ve been meaning to share the recipe, but life sorta got in the way and I’m just now getting around to being able to share it. While these aren’t your normal muffins, if you like a little heat, you’ll love these.
I was a little uncertain when I saw the ingredients my husband was using, but all the ingredients blend together nicely and the taste is absolutely amazing.
I hope you and your family enjoy these muffins as much as we did.
Southwest Muffins Recipe
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (7 oz.) packages Sweet Yellow Cornbread Mix
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels, if frozen thawed
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chopped, pickled jalapeno chiles
- 1 cup coarsely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese + 2 tablespoons for topping