Want your cinnamon rolls topped with a chocolate and caramel drizzle? Try these delicious, easy to make Chocolate and Caramel Cinnamon Roll Skewers.
The annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is here and you can now find 100 new recipe creations from finalists from all across the country. No matter what you’re craving, you can now get new recipes in each of these categories; Breakfast & Brunches, Entertaining Appetizers, Dinner Made Easy, or Sweet Treats!
Armed with a Walmart Gift Card, I headed to the store to collect the ingredients to create one of the finalists recipes in the Bake-Off. I decided to make the Chocolate and Caramel-Cinnamon Roll Skewers and they were a huge hit with the family and made for a perfect Saturday breakfast.
The recipe that was submitted into the contest did include pecans, but since we aren’t much a pecan family, I decided to omit it in my recreation. This Chocolate and Caramel Cinnamon Rolls Skewers recipe does require more steps than a traditional refrigerated cinnamon roll calls for, but the results are totally worth it.
I’m telling y’all, my family is already asking me to make this again. It obviously isn’t the most healthy breakfast or snack, but every once in a while I like to show my family how much I love them by letting them splurge.
Chocolate and Caramel Cinnamon Roll Skewers
- 1 can Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Supreme refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 5 (12- or 10-inch) wooden skewers
- 25 caramels, unwrapped (I purchased a bag of wrapped caramels and just unwrapped them.)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup Fisher® Chef’s Naturals® Chopped Pecans (I did NOT use this in my recreation.)
- 3/4 cup Hershey's® milk chocolate baking chips
- 1 teaspoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Separate cinnamon roll dough into 5 rolls; reserve icing. Unroll each roll into a strip; thread each strip onto wooden skewer. Place on lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 13 to 19 minutes or until golden brown (13 minutes was perfect for my oven.) Place a piece of waxed paper under a wire cooling rack. Transfer skewers from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan over low heat, heat caramels and milk, stirring occasionally, until caramels are melted. Place pecans on piece of waxed paper, generously drizzle caramel mixture lengthwise over cinnamon roll strips; roll in pecans (Again, I did NOT use pecans in my recreation.) Return to cooling rack.
- In small resealable plastic bag, place chocolate chips and oil; seal bag. Microwave on High 15 to 25 seconds or until softened. Gently squeeze bag until chocolate is smooth; cut off tiny corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle chocolate crosswise over cinnamon roll strips.
- Place reserved icing in small resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Microwave on High 10 seconds or until softened. Gently squeeze bag until icing is smooth; cut off tiny corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle icing crosswise over cinnamon roll skewers. Serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 696Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 451mgCarbohydrates: 85gFiber: 5gSugar: 60gProtein: 10g