Need a delicious breakfast you can whip up pretty quickly? This Easy Breakfast Quesadilla recipe is a great place to start.
Feeding my family healthy, nutritious meals is very important to me. I’m not the mom who dissects each and everything my children eat or drink. I do try my hardest to ensure the foods and liquids they are consuming are of some nutritional value. But, sometimes I find myself struggling to make sure I’m providing them with the nutrition they need through the meals that I make for them.
Breakfast for Dinner
One of my favorite things to make for dinner is actually breakfast. For the most part, it’s super simple and it’s something my whole family enjoys. When I was given the challenge to create a “dinner favorite that incorporates Mission products,” my mind raced with ideas. After changing my mind on three different occasions, I finally settled on the Easy Breakfast Quesadilla simply because it’s one of our “dinner favorites.”
I absolutely loved how these Easy Breakfast Quesadillas turned out. I made it a bit different than I normally do because I usually don’t add bacon or spinach but I totally will from now on. It’s not a lot of bacon but you can definitely taste it and you also reap the health benefits of the spinach. To make it a bit healthier, instead of using the whole egg, you could just use the egg whites.
Easy Breakfast Quesadilla Recipe
- 6 whole eggs, preferably organic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided evenly
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, with no nitrates
- 4 fajita sized (medium) Mission flour tortillas
- 6 ounces cheese (your choice but Colby-Jack and Mexican Four Cheese are my favorite), shredded
- 1 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh organic spinach, thinly shredded
- Cook bacon by your method of choice. For me, it's quicker to make it on the stove top, but you could bake it as well. Drain on paper towel and crumble when cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, salt and milk. Using a whisk, whip the eggs by hand until they are combined.
- Add half of the butter to a medium pan and melt over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and the green onions. Using a heat-safe spatula or wooden spoon, scramble eggs until they are almost cooked. Add spinach and finish scrambling eggs.
- In a skillet, melt the remaining butter over medium heat. Depending on the size of your skillet, place either one or two tortillas in the skillet. To assemble the quesadilla, top tortilla with 1/4 of the cheese, half egg mixture, half of the crumbled bacon, freshly ground black pepper and add another 1/4 of cheese on top. Top each tortilla with another tortilla.
- Cook until golden and brown (about 3-4 minutes per side), then flip and cook on the other side. Repeat with remaining quesadilla.
- Cut cooked quesadillas into 4-6 wedges and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce (if desired).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3913Total Fat: 193gSaturated Fat: 76gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 97gCholesterol: 1258mgSodium: 5741mgCarbohydrates: 274gFiber: 23gSugar: 17gProtein: 263g