Do you love Blueberry Muffins? Whip up a batch and enjoy the flavors of the season.
I’ve been busy in the kitchen, y’all baking, cooking, researching, experimenting, and learning to love this necessary task I must perform each and every day.
I actually made these Blueberry Muffins last month but I’m just now getting around to posting them. I had planned on getting better pictures since these were taken in not-so-perfect lighting conditions, but by the time I remembered, my blueberry muffins were all gone.
So, these pictures will have to do. But the pictures aren’t what matters anyway. It’s the recipe!
The burst of flavor you get with homemade blueberry muffins made with fresh blueberries can never be duplicated in any store bought variety. I’ve had my fair share of blueberry muffins and these take the prize! So if you are looking for an easy blueberry muffin recipe, you’ve definitely found it!
Now I’m totally craving more blueberry muffins. Guess I better make another batch while they are still in season.
Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted salted butter
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar for topping, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 regular size muffin cups with paper baking cups or grease only the bottoms of the muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat milk, butter and egg until well mixed. Stir in flour mixture just until moist. (Note: the batter will be lumpy) Do not over mix!
- Fold in blueberries being careful not to rupture the blueberries. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups and sprinkle with coarse sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- If you used baking cups, remove immediately and place on cooling rack. If you baked directly into the pan, let stand for five minutes before removing and placing on cooling rack.
If they were gone before you could get pictures they must have been delicious! Your recipe makes me hungry for blueberry muffins now.
I love blueberry muffins! My favorite is the topping with the coarse sugar all crispy and crunchy then fluffy and delicious inside!
HilLesha @To the Motherhood says
I haven’t a blueberry muffin for ages, but I really like them.
don’t you just love blueberries?
Kelly @ A Girl Worth Saving says
Blueberries muffins disappear lightening fast in my house too.
Nothing like a fresh from the oven blueberry muffin. Yummy recipe!
Rachel @ Following In My Shoes says
I’ve been experimenting with muffin recipes lately — we LOVE blueberry ones!
I’m not a fan of blueberry muffins, but I just bought some from the store last week and my husband and BIL ate them all!
I think the pictures look great, and so do the muffins.
Emily @FamilyNLifeLV says
Yum! Now I want one!
Marcie W. says
Homemade muffins sure sound good and we just happen to have an over abundance of blueberries in our home right now.
Blueberry are my favorite muffins! Yum!
Kelli Claypool says
I love blueberry muffins…anything blueberry for that matter. However, not so much for my son. But, I asked him to make me some a few weeks ago (he’s 16 and loves to cook/bake) and he agreed to do so. I had a box of mix (cheated) and he made them. I convinced him to try them, which he did and was surprised that he liked them.
I will show him your recipe and ask him (again) to make me some blueberry muffins. 🙂
I love blueberry anything!
Whitney @ It's Gravy, Baby! says
This is similar to the blueberry muffin recipe I use too. Beautiful photos!
Yum! I love blueberry muffins!
I love blueberry muffins!
Jennifer The Quirky Momma says
Of course I will obsess over blueberry muffins now!
Blueberry muffins are my absolutely favorite muffin ever, well anything blueberry really. I must make some tomorrow!
Anne - Mommy Has to Work says
I love blue berry muffins. We don’t eat them too much anymore..
Penelope (NYC Blogger) says
I really like blueberry muffins, so do my boys!