Want mac and cheese but don’t need enough to feed an army? This Baked Mac and Cheese for Two recipe is the perfect solution.
If I allowed my husband to eat mac and cheese at every meal, more than likely he would. He absolutely loves cheese and being Italian, he could live off of pasta alone, so naturally mac and cheese is one of his favorites.
The other day I decided to make a small dish of homemade mac and cheese in a new, pretty green dish I received. I made it at lunch while my husband was away at work, but only ate half and saved the rest for him as a snack when he got home from work.
I’m not big on elbow pasta so when I make mac and cheese I always opt for a different type of noodle. This time I had an abundance of Farfalle, so that is what I used.
If I can say so myself, this was some delicious mac and cheese. The creaminess of the cheese and the crunch of the French Fried Onions were an absolute party for my taste buds.
Baked Mac and Cheese for Two Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked Farfalle pasta
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- a few turns of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 splash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup French Fried Onions
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare baking dish by rubbing with butter or spraying with non-stick spray.
- Bring a small saucepan with water to a boil. Stir in pasta and cook until still firm to the bite. Drain and put aside.
- Using the same saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Stir in flour, pepper, onion powder and milk; whisk until smooth and free of lumps. Stir for about two minutes and then reduce heat to low. Add in cheese, mustard powder and Worcestershire sauce. Once combined, stir in cooked pasta that was set aside. Put the macaroni and cheese mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with French Fried Onions and remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and the pasta is heated through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 527Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 620mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 20g