This Salted Coffee Chicken Wings recipe and post was written by me through an activation with HireInfluence on behalf of Community Coffee. Although I received compensation for participating in the campaign, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
My mornings start with a cup of freshly brewed coffee because … well … mornings. Between work and homeschooling two of my children, I need a little jump start to the busy day I know lies ahead.
But I don’t just use coffee for my morning pick-me-up. I’ve used it in cupcakes. I’ve used it in icing. And I’ve even used it to add a little pep to a tailgating favorite. I created a delicious chicken wing recipe using my favorite morning indulgence. Introducing, Salted Coffee Chicken Wings!
Whether you’re tailgating with a bunch of friends or homegating in the comfort of your home, these Salted Coffee Chicken Wings will be a hit amongst even the smallest of guests.
Salted Coffee Chicken Wings
- 2.5 lbs chicken wings & drumettes
- 1 cup cooled brewed coffee
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon Community Coffee Dark Roast coffee grounds
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- .5 teaspoon cayenne
- .5 teaspoon onion powder
- If you haven't already, brew a cup of coffee and set aside to cool. You don't want to put the chicken in hot coffee so make sure it's cooled prior to using.
- Add cooled brewed coffee, water, and 2 tablespoons of salt in a large bowl and stir. Place wings and drumettes into the bowl, cover and allow to sit in the brine for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all remaining ingredients into a bowl and stir. Pour into a large zip-close baggy and set aside.
- Drain wings and rinse under cool water. Pat dry using a paper towel and toss with the spice mixture in the zip-close bag. Continue tossing until the chicken is evenly coated throughout.
- Place a cooling rack inside of a baking sheet and arrange chicken on the rack. Cook for 25-30 minutes or the center of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1029Total Fat: 75gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 42gCholesterol: 263mgSodium: 2215mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 56g
I love the way the flavors come together in this recipe! The smokiness of the paprika, the heat of the cayenne, the boldness of the coffee grounds, it just all comes together nicely to create a pop of flavor in your mouth.
I mean, even my three children love them. If I can win their approval, I call it a success!
When it comes to tailgating, we love foods that we can eat with out fingers, even if it means we get a little messy. No plate or utensils required for these Salted Coffee Chicken Wings. Serve them on a platter and dig in!
This year Community Coffee has partnered with Southwest Airlines to host their annual Instant Win Sweepstakes, Tailgate Traditions. From July through September, 2 million packages of Community® coffee will give fans a chance to win an all-expense-paid trip to Houston for the Big Game along with over 500 instant win prizes.
To participate in the sweepstakes all consumers have to do is purchase specially-marked packages of Community coffee, including ground coffees and K-Cup boxes in a variety of blends and flavors. Each package will have an on-pack sticker containing a unique game code that will need to be entered online at TailgateTraditions.com for the chance to win.
This year’s prizes include: Grand Prize is a trip to Houston with two tickets to a sponsor-designated event, round trip airfare on Southwest Airlines and hotel accommodations, as well as a $1,000 gift card, coffee brewer and one-year supply of Community® coffee. Instant win prizes include Flat Screen TVs ($500 Value; Qty: 5), Keurig® K300 Brewers & Coffee Bundles ($375 Value; Qty: 50), Outdoor Grills ($500 Value; Qty: 5), Brewers & Coffee Bundles ($150 Value; Qty: 50), Thermos & Coffee Bundles ($110 Value; Qty: 200), Southwest® gift cards ($250 Value; Qty: 150) and Tumbler & Coffee Bundles ($25 Value; Qty: 50).
I don’t know about you, but those are some prizes I’d be thrilled to win! I’ve already entered a couple codes and while my “big money, big money” chanting didn’t prove to be successful this time, I’m hopeful for next time!
What’s your favorite tailgating food?