Like many families, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were a staple in our home growing up. There’s just something super special about the memories I recall when I taste the salty peanut butter mixed with sweet jelly. And just in case you didn’t already know, National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day is April 2nd. Because peanut butter and jelly is one of the greatest combinations ever invented, we dedicate a national day of celebration in honor of these two humble ingredients. To help you celebrate this year, here are 20 ways to enjoy a PB&J.
20 Ways to Enjoy a PB&J
1. The Sweet Occasion brings us the gorgeous PB&J Chocolate Truffle Sundae. You’ll seriously be drooling after browsing the photos for this recipe. And with just a few simple ingredients, it’s a super easy recipe to make.
2. If you love thumbprint cookies, you’ll love these PB&J Thumbprint Cookies from the ladies at A Beautiful Mess. Simple, yet wonderful.
3. If you’re a fudge lover like I am, then the Peanut Butter and Jelly Fudge from Jenn’s Blahblah Blog is the way to go.
4. That delicious smoothie up there, that’s a gorgeous photo from a Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie from Cook Nourish Bliss. Doesn’t that look so good?!?
5. This Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Bread from A Saucy Kitchen looks absolutely amazing. She uses a homemade chia seed jam as the jelly and it really stands out in the photos!
6. If you love homemade puppy chow, you’ll love this Peanut Butter and Jelly Puppy Chow from Your Cup of Cake. If you want the salty and sweet flavors of your beloved peanut butter and jelly sandwich, this recipe is the way to go.
7. Wanting a somewhat healthier way to enjoy your PB&J? These Peanut Butter and Jelly Energy Bites from Fav Family Recipes looks like such a tasty option.
8. Looking for a new way to enjoy breakfast? Check out this Peanut Butter and Jelly Porridge with Chunky Granola recipe from Climbing Grier Mountain. Skip the boring breakfast and enjoy this instead.
9. Baking Bites brought PB&J to these PB&J Whoopie Pies. Skip the traditional PB&J sandwich and try these whoopie pies.
More Ways to Enjoy a PB&J
10. Think about how much your kids love PB&J sandwiches. Now think about how much your kids will love these Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes from A Helicopter Mom. Score mom points for sure with this one.
11. Use refrigerated crescent rolls to create these adorable Peanut Butter and Jelly Rolls from DIY Candy. Just three simple ingredients and breakfast is done!
12. It seems like smoothie bowls are a hot trend right now and Electic Momsense did it right with this PB&J Smoothie Bowl. It’s super easy to make and easily customizable to the flavors you like.
13. Chocolate Covered Katie does things a bit differently with these Gooey PB&J Blondies. Because she uses beans as a base in the recipe, I feel it’s a little more on the healthier side. At least that’s what I’m telling myself, anyways.
14. If you want the PB&J flavor but don’t want the traditional PB&J sandwich, Averie Cooks gives us the perfect alternative – Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins. Yum!
15. Where are my Twinkies fan? If you love Twinkies, I’m sure you’ll love these Peanut Butter and Jelly Twinkies from The Domestic Rebel.
16. With this Peanut Butter and Jelly Sugar Cookie Pizza recipe from Crazy for Crust, you can turn pizza into a delectable dessert.
17. Alright y’all. These Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies from Yes to Yolks look absolutely amazing. It looks like a long recipe, but I’m sure the outcome is totally worth it.
18. One of my favorite candies is peanut butter cups. I love what Handmade Charlotte did with these Peanut Butter and Jelly Cups. It’s amazing what you can create with these two humble ingredients, y’all!
19. This Mama Loves turns the traditional pancake into a PB&J fave with this Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes recipe. Melt your favorite peanut butter into a sauce and pour over pancakes – yum!
20. Bread. So simple, yet so comforting. Cook Nourish Bliss knocks it out of the park with this Peanut Butter and Jelly Swirl Bread recipe. It’s like a one slice PB&J sandwich.
There are so many ways to enjoy a PB&J outside of the traditional PB&J sandwich. Which one of these recipes do you want to try?