If you love Churros, you’ll love this Churro Honeycomb Snack Mix!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Post Consumer Brands. All opinions are entirely my own.
When my kids were little it felt like the sleepless nights would never end. Now that they’re a little bit older I realize just how short these years truly are. The days may feel extremely long, but y’all, they’re so short. I’m regretting each and every time I said, during my exhausted daze, “I can’t wait until they’re older.”
Now that they are older, I realize that the years I have left with them under my roof are few. So I’m doing everything I can to make these years the best they can possibly be.
We are a homeschooling family so I’m with my children all day, everyday. Which by the way, I love. We go to the park, we have game nights, we exercise together, we cook together, etc. We spend as much time together as we possibly can. We genuinely just enjoy each other’s company and for us, it totally works.
Since my kids are really into video games, game nights are pretty popular around here. We all know a game night isn’t complete without snacks (am I right?) and this Churro Honeycomb® Snack Mix is absolutely perfect for your family’s game night.
Best part – it’s really easy to make. Get the kids in the kitchen with you and whip up a batch of this Churro Honeycomb Snack Mix. Honeycomb is made with honey and the big pieces are as perfect for snacking as they are in your cereal bowl. Sample the big honey taste and pick up a specially marked package of Honeycombs for a chance to win some great prizes – see below!
Churro Honeycomb Snack Mix
- 4 cups Honeycomb cereal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/8 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/8 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or wax paper; set aside.
- Pour cereal in a large bowl. In a separate small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a light boil. Cook and stir continuously for about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Once combined, pour over cereal. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon mixture over the top. Mix everything together until the cereal is evenly coated and then transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Put in the oven and bake for 5-6 minutes, then flip cereal over and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove mixture from the oven and let cool. Break cereal up into small pieces and serve. If not serving right away, place in an air-tight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 0g
Oh my gosh, y’all. We are in love with this Churro Honeycomb Snack Mix. The kids have been requesting it frequently and I’ve already had to make multiple batches. I’d say this one is a HUGE win.