It’s a new year with new resolutions. If your resolution is to eat a healthier, low-carb, Keto-friendly diet, these Bacon & Olive Deviled Eggs are a perfect addition to the weekly meal plan.
This is a partnered post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
In my own experience, in the past new year resolutions haven’t been easy to keep. I always had grand intentions at the beginning of the new year to totally transform something I thought needed changing in my life. But what I didn’t have was a grand plan. And without that grand plan, I failed every single year.
But this time I did things a bit differently. I started early, in November in fact, because I wanted to be well on my way to a new me when the new year rolled around. So while I don’t technically have a resolution this year, I’m continuing on this Ketogenic lifestyle that so many are talking about.
Low-Carb and Keto-Friendly
One of the things that has helped me be super committed to this new way of living is planning and having easy Keto recipes, like these Keto Deviled Eggs, within reach at all times. In the two months that I’ve been doing Keto I haven’t cheated once because I came in with a plan, desire, and commitment.
While I can’t help with you desire and commitment, I can help you with a plan. I won’t lie and say this lifestyle is easy, but in my experience so far, it’s been worth it.
Keto Deviled Eggs
I’ve found that having “easy” ingredients is so important. It’s easy to grab a bag of chips for a snack, but when you’re basically living on under 20 grams of carbs a day, a bag of chips won’t cut it. Having a pantry, refrigerator and freezer filled with easy, low-carb options is a necessity to this way of living.
One of the staples in our home is refrigerated hard-boiled eggs. Sure, it’s easy to whip up a batch of homemade hard-boiled eggs in the instant pot, but if you don’t have the time or the energy, your more than likely going to choose a less healthy alternative. If that’s not you – awesome – but it’s 100% me.
Even if you’re not following a low-carb diet, hard-boiled eggs are a great way to stay healthy by including them in your weekly meal prep, eat as a healthy snack, or even a post workout boost since they’re a great source of quality protein.
Because all of us here love hard-boiled eggs, I buy the value size Almark Hard-Boiled Eggs (12 pack) at Sam’s Club during our shopping trips. Right now save $2 on Ibotta when you buy Almark Cage-Free Hard-Boiled Eggs at your local Sams Club. I love using Ibotta to save money on our groceries.
Bacon & Olive Deviled Eggs
I love regular deviled eggs, but after a while, I start craving something different. So I decided to make a deviled egg with some of my favorite ingredients while still keeping things low-carb.
These Keto Deviled Eggs are only 1 carb per serving! A serving is 1/2 of an egg and this entire recipe includes 12 servings. Two servings is a filling snack – I promise!
How to Make Bacon & Olive Deviled Eggs
Scroll down for a printable recipe card.
Cook bacon in a skillet to your desired crispness then remove from skillet and place on paper towel lined plate to cool. Once cool cut or chop. Cut each hard-boiled egg into halves lengthwise and “scoop” out the yolks and place into a small bowl.
Tip: I’ve found that it’s actually easier just to slightly squeeze the sides of the eggs and the yolk pops right out most times.
Mash the egg yolks with a fork.
Add in the sour cream, some of the black olives (reserve 12 slices for garnish), some of the crumbled bacon (reserve some for garnish), some of the chopped chives (reserve some for garnish), salt and pepper and stir until combined.
Then spoon the yolk mixture into each well of the egg white halves.
Garnish with the remaining black olives, crumbled bacon, chopped chives, and a little sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
You can serve immediately or place inside the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Need more Keto recipes? I’ve got some for you! Here are some of my favorite EASY Keto snack recipes.
Don’t forget to pin these Bacon & Olive Deviled Eggs to your appetizer or Keto boards on Pinterest.
Keto Deviled Eggs Recipe
Bacon & Olive Deviled Eggs
These Bacon & Olive Deviled Eggs are a perfect low-carb snack when you're feeling hungry.
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 hard boiled eggs, cut in half longways (I like buying the Almark 24-pack from Sam's Club)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped chives, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/8 cup shredded parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Cook bacon to desired crispness then set aside on a paper towel lined plate to cool.
- Cut 6 hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise and gently "scoop" out the yolks and put into a small bowl. A lot of the times if you just gently squeeze from the sides of the egg, you won't have to do any scooping at all, especially when you're using cold hard boiled eggs. Mash the yolks with a fork.
- Add sour cream, some of the black olives (reserve 12 slices for garnish), some of the crumbled bacon (reserve some for garnish), some of the chopped chives (reserve some for garnish), salt and pepper to the mashed yolks and stir to combine.
- Using a spoon, scoop some of the yolk mixture and place back inside of the hard boiled eggs. Garnish with the remaining black olives, crumbled bacon, chopped chives, and a little sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
- Either serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 73Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 219mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 5g
Leave a Reply