The hardest part of the Keto lifestyle is not being able to consume starches and sugar. But with these delicious Chocolate Fat Bombs, you won’t feel like you’re missing out on dessert.
I’ve tried some fat bomb recipes that seriously left me scraping my tongue trying to get that nasty taste out of my mouth. The very first one I tried left me absolutely disgusted and I kind of swore off fat bombs based on that experience.
Fat Bomb Recipes
But I kept hearing from the Keto community how awesome fat bombs were and wondered what I was missing. My takeaway after trying a few more fat bombs recipes is that not all fat bomb recipes are created equal, y’all.
There are some really good ones out there!
If you happen to try a bad one, don’t let it discourage you from trying others. It is possible to make a tasty Keto dessert that satisfies the sweet tooth while keeping you in Ketosis.
Chocolate Fat Bomb Ingredients
To make these Keto Chocolate Fat Bombs, you’ll need just 5 ingredients you probably already have on hand if you’ve been doing Keto for awhile. All you’ll need is:
- finely ground almond flour
- dutch processed cacoa powder
- Swerve powdered erythritol
- grass-fed butter – I use Kerrygold
- sugar-free vanilla extract
I think that using quality ingredients greatly impacts the flavor of these Keto Fat Bombs.
When it comes to Keto sweeteners, I mostly use Swerve. I’m not against the use of other sweeteners, I just feel that it offers a natural sweetness that some other sweeteners don’t.
For butter, I mainly use Kerrygold. I just love the flavor and appreciate their standards when it comes to farming. There are other grass-fed butters you can use, but I find Kerrygold to be the one that is most widely available in all markets.
Dutch processed cacao powder has a very strong chocolate flavor and makes it perfect for these Chocolate Fat Bombs. If you use unsweetened cocoa powder, you may need a little more to get the same chocolate flavor.
How to Make Chocolate Fat Bombs
Scroll down to the bottom for a free printable recipe card.
Put all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix with a fork until well combined.
Using a 1/2 tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop out mixture and form into small balls with your hands. If it’s too soft to work with right away, place it in the freezer for 10 minutes or the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until firm.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
This recipe makes 9 small Chocolate Fat Bombs that are about 1 net carb each. They’re pretty sweet, so eating more than one at a time is probably not even an option – at least not for us anyway. There are two of us at home that are eating Keto, so this recipe last us about 4 days.
Craving some other easy Keto recipes? Check out these:
- No Bake Keto Cookies
- Cheese-Stuffed Keto Meatballs
- Low Carb Almond Flour Crackers
- Keto Almond Butter Cups
- Keto Parmesan Crisps
- Almond Flour Pancakes
- Jalapeno Keto Chicken Wings
Don’t forget to pin these Keto Chocolate Fat Bombs to your favorite Pinterest board!
Chocolate Fat Bombs Recipe
- 4 tablespoons or 1/4 cup finely ground almond flour
- 1 tablespoon dutch processed cacoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Swerve powdered erythritol
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter – I use Kerrygold
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar-free vanilla extract
- Put all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix with a fork until well combined.
- Using a 1/2 tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop out mixture and form into small balls with your hands. If it’s too soft to work with right away, place it in the freezer for 10 minutes or the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
If dough is too soft to work with, place it in the freezer or refrigerator and allow it to firm up a bit.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g