It’s absolutely no secret that I am not a morning person. I’ll do whatever I can the night before to make sure I get as much sleep as possible the next morning. So naturally, I’m working with Simply Potatoes to bring awareness to the 5 Ingredient Fix Recipe Contest and I’ve created my own recipe using only 5 ingredients to share with you — Egg Potato & Bacon Breakfast Muffins!
Okay, y’all. I’m not lying when I say these were soooo simple to make! My children could have made these all by themselves if needed…that’s how easy they are! And the best part, only 5 ingredients required for all this goodness! (And they were even featured on Zulily’s roundup for summer meals your kids will actually eat.)
Egg Potato & Bacon Breakfast Muffins
- 8 large eggs
- 1¼ cup Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns
- ½ cup cheddar cheese + ¼ cup reserved for topping
- 6 slices bacon
- garlic salt with parsley, season to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cupcake or muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Add Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns and cheese; mix together. Carefully pour mixture into muffin or cupcake pan and fill half way. The mixture should fill 12 cups perfectly. Once oven is preheated, place inside. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook 6 slices of bacon and drain on paper towel lined plate. Once bacon is cool enough to touch, cut or crumble into small pieces.
- Once 15 minutes has elapsed, take breakfast muffins out of the oven and top each one with garlic salt, cheese and bacon pieces. Return to oven and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese has fully melted.
Eat ‘em with a fork, or eat ‘em with your fingers. Either way y’all, they’re delicious.
Using Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns in this recipe saved me a ton of time and a lot of effort. And at only $2 per bag, it’s also easy on the checkbook. Because I didn’t use the entire bag for this recipe, I also made some fried hash browns, using the grease from the bacon. Surely not the healthiest, but it was lip lickin’ good!
You can find Simply Potatoes products in the refrigerated section at your local grocery store. They are made with REAL ingredients and they are never frozen or dehydrated. And best of all, they’re easy to prepare!
What’s your go-to breakfast dish?