Working with companies that I already use and are familiar with is a huge plus of the work I do. In fact, it really makes my job that much easier because I know the brand, I know the products, and it already fits in really nice with my life. So being able to work with Minute® Rice on this 25-Minute Sausage and Rice recipe and party was so much fun.
A local friend hosted a Football Watch Party at her house and attendees were asked to bring a dish using Minute Rice. After trying several different recipes, I decided to bring this super easy 25-Minute Sausage and Rice. It’s easy, it’s delicious, and it’s fast. Since I had been running around all day, I needed something I could whip up really quickly and transport easily.
There was a delicious spread of dishes all made with Minute Rice. From a Chicken and Rice Pot Pie to Mushroom and Bacon Risotto Bites, there was goodness all around.
Minute Rice is a go-to ingredient in our home because it’s great to use any time of the year because of its versatility and how it consistently turns out right. I get great-tasting, fluffy white rice in just 5 minutes any time I need it for a recipe.
I’m absolutely certain that dinner shouldn’t be a chore every night, but some nights I feel like it is. Normally, on good days, I don’t mind cooking, and I actually enjoy it. But with my crazy busy days, some nights I simply don’t want to cook. It’s nights like those where help in any form is highly appreciated.
I could run through the drive-thru and pick up fast food on those nights, but I really prefer making my family a somewhat nutritious meal at home over serving them fast food any day.
I don’t have to pretend I have it all together when I have recipes like this 25-Minute Sausage and Rice is my arsenal. And what’s great about this recipe is I almost always have these ingredients on hand in case I get in a pinch.
So much goodness all in one simple dish! Come on and try it – you know you want to.
25-Minute Sausage and Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 oz skinless smoked sausage, sliced
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon tomato bouillon granules
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups Minute® White Rice
- parsley, chopped (optional for garnish)
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large cast-iron skillet or Dutch oven-style pan (any heavy bottom pan should work). Add sausage to skillet and leave undisturbed for a few minutes, so that the first side gets a nice sear on it, then stir and flip sausage to brown on the other side. Remove sausage from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Heat water in a sauce pan until boiling. Once boiling, add in two cups of rice, cover, and remove from heat.
- In the same skillet, add onion, bell peppers, and celery and cook for about five minutes or until tender. Add in garlic, salt, pepper, and tomato bouillon and cook for a minute or so, or until the garlic becomes aromatic.
- Add prepared sausage and rice into the skillet and stir to incorporate. Garnish with parsley and serve.
I highly recommend a cast-iron skillet or Dutch oven-style pan for this recipe. If you don’t have one you can still make it work, but I like how they brown up the sausage nicely and cook evenly.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.