Salty and sweet! This Funny Bones recipe has it all with just three simple ingredients: pretzels, mini marshmallows, and white chocolate melts. These ghoulishly delicious bones were easy to make and even easier to eat!
One added bonus: they looked even more realistic if the chocolate wasn’t perfectly smooth. A beginning baker’s dream!
One edit I’d make to the recipe is to dip the pretzel end into the melted chocolate before pressing into the mini marshmallows. Once hardened, the chocolate will keep the marshmallows on the pretzel much better.
I served mine in a dog bowl (never been used, trust me!), but these are perfect for Halloween. Try adding them as a cupcake topper or cross two bones for a pirate-y look. My recommendation is to make them at the last minute because they certainly won’t last if you don’t! And check out this Salty Bones recipe, which was also inspired by Frankenweenie.
Funny Bones Recipe
- Half package (7 ounces) of white meltable candy wafers
- 36 pretzel sticks and thin rods of various lengths
- 72 mini marshmallows (about 1 cup)
- Follow the directions on the candy wafer package to melt the candy in a wide bowl. For each bone, press marshmallows onto both ends of a pretzel stick or thin rod, with the marshmallows' flat sides parallel to the pretzel.
- Dip each pretzel into the melted candy to coat it. Lift it out with a fork, letting the excess melted candy drip back into the bowl. Place the bone on a sheet of waxed paper and allow to set at room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 366mg Carbohydrates: 35g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 9g Protein: 3g