wordpress statistics

Patriotic Pretzels

Can you believe it’s almost the 4th of July?

Y’all, how is this even possible? The summer is flying by way too fast and I’m not the least bit excited about it. Before I know it I’ll be sending the younger two back off to school, and honestly, that is the last thing I want to do right now. I love having all three of my children home with me during the day. And I miss them terribly when they’re at school for 8+ hours a day.

So what do I do when I get sad?

I cook. And I eat. And I crave chocolate. And caffeine.

So the other day when I was sulking because the kids were perfectly fine entertaining themselves, I got in the kitchen and started planning for the 4th of July. I found some festive sprinkles at Target the other day and I wanted to use them to make festive treats for the holiday, like these Patriotic Pretzels.

Celebrate the 4th of July with these fun and festive Patriotic Pretzels. With only three ingredients, they're the easiest treats you'll make.

I had some pretzel rods on hand, and white chocolate (remember the chocolate craving), so I decided to whip up a batch of these Patriotic Pretzels. Seriously, one of the easiest treats you can make. And it doesn’t hurt that they’re incredibly delicious.

If you want to get your kids in the kitchen to help, this is the perfect recipe (is this even considered a recipe because it’s so easy) for that. Plus, kids love sprinkles.

Don’t they look so festive and tasty?

Patriotic Pretzels

Patriotic Pretzels

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Get your red, white and blue on with these fun and easy to make Patriotic Pretzels. With only 3 ingredients, this might be the easiest recipe you'll ever make.
Author:
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 8
Ingredients
  • 4 oz white baking chocolate (I used Baker's Premium White Chocolate)
  • 8 pretzel rods
  • festive sprinkles or candies (I got mine at the Dollar Spot in Target)
Optional
  • wax or parchment paper
Instructions
  1. In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate on high for 30 seconds; stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds; stir. If the chocolate is not completely melted, continue heating and stirring in 10 second increments until completely melted.
  2. Cover ⅔ of the pretzel rod with chocolate. To make it easier I used a spoon to get the chocolate on the pretzel rod, and used the backside of the spoon to smooth it. Allow the excess to drip off back into the chocolate.
  3. Sprinkle with festive sprinkles or candies and place on wax or parchment paper to cool. Serve once the chocolate has hardened.

See. I told you these Patriotic Pretzels were so easy to make.

When Melanie submitted her post on how to host a 4th of July parade, I couldn’t help but think that these would be perfect for her festivities! Make sure you’re following me on Twitter or have liked me on Facebook so you don’t miss that post. She has so many fun and festive ideas for a neighborhood 4th of July parade.

However you decide to celebrate the 4th of July, I hope you spend time with those closest to you with good fun and belly-aching laughs.

Crystal Reagan, the owner and founder of SimplyBeingMommy.com lives in Small Town, Texas with her husband and 3 children. Crystal and her website have been featured on local and national news stations including Channel 2 Houston and ABC News. She has also appeared on BetterTV as a Mommy Expert for VTech.

Comments

This look so festive and just perfect for the 4th of July holiday. Pretzels are one of our favorite snacks and we love them with chocolate. Perfect for this holiday.

The combination of sweet and salty is positively irresistible to me. I love dipped pretzels!

I love dipped pretzel rods! These are so pretty and love how patriotic they are

Nicole Escat says:

These are so cute and looks delicious .. My children would surely like this thanks for the idea

Those are so cute! We made some similar recently and both the kids and the adults went crazy over them! I need to whip up another batch this week.

A few years ago my daughters made patriotic strawberries while visiting their grandma. It was super easy and the memories… oh, I wish we had done it sooner. These look even easier. Great family bonding activity with a bonus of a delicious treat at the end!

What a fun and yummy treat for the kids on the Fourth of July! I can’t believe Fourth of July is next weekend!! Gah!

What a fun treat those are. They are perfect for the cookout we’re having for the 4th!

Katrina says:

Such a great and simple recipe.

These are just the perfect treats for 4th of July! I love anything that’s salty-sweet!! 😀

What a simple and cute idea. The kids would have a lot of fun helping make these.

I can’t believe it’s almost the 4th, either. Time goes by way too fast! I do love those pretzels, though. They’re so cute!

I can’t believe that it’s almostt the 4th of July, but now I know what I’m making for the BBQ we are going to! 🙂

Oh what pretty treats!!! I know my girls would have a lot of fun making these and I suspect they’d enjoy more than one in the process!

Danielle K says:

These are just so pretty! I love dipped pretzels as they’re simple to make and always a crowd pleaser. I’ll have to make these for our party this weekend!

It is hard to believe that 4 of July is around the corner! I love pretzels, so I will definitely be trying out this recipe.

These look great! These are the perfect treats for the 4th. Chocolate covered pretzels are always a winner!

Those are so pretty and would be great for the kids this 4th. I can’t believe it is almost July 4th either!

Yum! Now that looks like a delicious pretzel! I would love to try this for us on Canada day too! How yummy my kids would LOVE them!

Catherine S says:

These are so creative and they look yummy. I need to make some for out BBQ this weekend.

Those are so sweet – and your photographs are brilliant. I’m hoping for a July 4th baby, and these would be perfect to celebrate!

I am not a super crafty person so really appreciate simple yet festive ideas like this one. These would make a great pre BBQ snack for our 4th of July get together.

How fun! they remind me of fire works! Very nice idea

I love making dipped pretzels! I do it for each of the kid’s birthday parties! So much fun and I love the patriotic color mix!

Debbie Denny says:

Tasty and fun idea. Very festive.

Easy and colorful dessert for 4th of July! Love this idea for kids especially

Your patriotic pretzels are super cute! They look delicious and they look perfect for Fourth of July! Thanks for sharing this adorable recipe.

Those are cute! Would really brighten up any 4th of July dessert table!

I love all the red, white, and blue this time of year. My sister is about to have a birthday party for her daughter and she wants to make these pretzel rods, but I don’t know what colors we’ll be using.

I love this, a perfect snack for my 4th of July party. I love how simple it looks too, have to pin this for sure!

What a fun an easy treat. I Will be making these for my daughter.

I might have to make these with my kids. They would really enjoy making them.

Crystal,
    Love your recipe and idea! Using it for our small family party! Thank you for sharing it!

How cute are these!? Perfect for the fourth!

These are too cute! Yes, I can’t believe it’s almost the 4th. This year is zooming by!

I like quick and easy treats like this. They are so adorable and sound delicious.

These are great and so visual for kids I wonder if they would work with fruit like cherries or strawberries

Oh those pretzels are so awesome! My kids would have a blast making them. But even more fun eating them!

Amber C says:

How adorable!!! I made some like this before but with orange and black sprinkles for a fall festival!! Adults and kids both loved them!

Those sound pretty good. I always make pretzels at Christmas time. Never thought about doing it at other times.

These look amazing!!! I love pretzels even better when they have chocolate and sprinkles on them!

These are so cute! I think I will have to make some this weekend!

This is such a great idea for the 4th of July. My kids would love these.

These look so yummy! And my kids love sprinkles, so they would be excited to help make these!

We do something like this all the time. Mommy might be a little too fond of chocolate covered pretzels!

I love these! They are super easy to make and a definite crowd pleaser.

Those are so pretty and easy to make. I don;t think they would last long around here.

Chasing Joy says:

This seems easy, fun, and yummy. You can just switch the color of sprinkles for the occasion.

Girl those are so cute, I need to try these for Labor Day..the boychild would love it.

These are such great treats for the holiday weekend. Love them!