Pepperoni Pizza Muffins

When I’m online looking for dinner inspiration, I often search for recipes that take something my family loves and make it into something new.  Since pizza is one of my family’s favorite treat, I try to find new ways to incorporate it into our menu – kinda like I did with the Fried Pizza Bites. When I stumbled onto a recipe from the Noble Pig, I knew I had to try it out on my family!

houston texas mommy blogger

They absolutely loved it! The recipe was simple, only required a few ingredients and didn’t take long at all to prepare!  Remember, I like to keep things simple and fast in the kitchen, and this recipe is definitely both!  With very few ingredients, it definitely won’t break the bank and that is another HUGE plus for me.

pepperoni pizza muffins

So, go get you a big bowl and let’s get started in making this simple, yet tasty recipe.

pepperoni pizza muffins

Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and carefully pour or spoon the mixture into each of the cups.  Bake 18 to 23 minutes, or until they are puffed and golden brown.

pepperoni pizza muffins recipe

Don’t those look absolutely yummy?!?  The ease of being able to pick these up without fear of getting messy and having droppings all down the front of my shirt is so satisfying.  Serve with a side of pizza sauce for dipping and you are good to go!

Pepperoni Pizza Muffins

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Pepperoni Pizza in a muffin.
Author:
Recipe type: Entree
Ingredients
  • ¾ cup flour
  • ¾ tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp dried oregano
  • 4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 4 oz turkey pepperoni, diced
  • ¾ cup milk, 2%
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • ½ cup pizza sauce
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and oregano. Whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella and pepperoni and let stand for a few minutes.
  2. Stir the batter and divide evenly among the muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, about 18 to 23 minutes.
  3. Warm pizza sauce in the microwave for about 15 seconds or heat on the stove in a small sauce pan. Serve the muffins with the pizza sauce for dipping.

About Crystal Reagan

Crystal is Owner & Editor of Simply Being Mommy. She is a work-at-home mom and enjoys being wife and mommy. She loves family, travel, chocolate and Diet Coke.

Comments

Yummy these sound easy and good!

Those look yummy!

Oh that looks yum! I’m so going to try this recipe out!

These sound delicious and like a real crowd pleaser!

those look like fun! I bet my daughter would love them.

I LOVE this idea! They look soooooo good. I’m definitely trying these asap. :)

YUM! Bookmarking to come back and make! :)

Delicious!

Did someone say Pizza? My favorite food in the whole wide world?! This sounds delicious!!

Throw a couple of those in your luggage, will ya?

These look like great party snacks! :)

Rebecca says:

I am going to make those tonight for my husband and kids. I have a quick question. Have you ever tried freezing them?

You are always posting easy but yummy recipes…. Yet another one I am going to bookmark.

Ooh, totally yummy looking!

Such a great recipe. You rock with food. Stumbled it!

Carmella says:

These look great! My boyfriend is stationed overseas in the Marines and I would love to send him some! How long do you think they would last without refrigeration?

• 18

Cook them in Mason Jars and they last for weeks. I sent this kind of goodie, along with cakes, pumpkin bread (my Mom’s traditional Christmas recipe) and others to my son when he was stationed in Afghanistan.

natalie says:

YUM! i have everything on hand for these….my little guy is going to be so happy with these for lunch tomorrow:) thanks! can’t wait to browse the rest of your recipes.

btw, brought here by pinterest:)

fajas colombianas says:

These are amazing, Im sure my kids will love them. I will be making some on the weekend, hope it would turn out as nice looking as yours.

Made them today- they were pretty good! A little bland, though. I think Im gonna try again with a little bit more seasonings as well as another kind of cheese.
    Stumbled this!

Jalal Hameed Bhatti says:

Delicious!

Those look yummy. Might make those with the kids this summer. What a great lunch or dinner!

These look awesome! Would make a great snack for play dates! :) Thanks for sharing!

Jessica Andrews says:

We have a very picky 2 1/2 year old and figured he would love them. Well he was being picky when I baked them today and didn’t want to try them but I’m sure he will! My husband and I enjoyed them very much. I will make them again! Thanks so much. If anyone can give me any good ideas for a picky eater that would be great! :)

Melissa Streetman says:

We have a picky eater too but I’m sure he will love these. Pizza is his favorite food. I will be trying these

Im giving these a try for my little guys right now!

These look so adorable!! Any excuse to eat pizza for breakfast :)

These look amazing (: I’m going to make them right now for my fiance and I. Do you know if they save well? I was thinking he could maybe take some of them with him to lunch at work.

• 30

Hi Megan,

Thanks for stopping by. Each time I’ve made them, there has never been any left over so I’m not sure if they save well or not. If you try it out, could you let me know your results?

I hope you enjoy!

I made this type of muffin for my son when he was in Afghanistan and craving pizza. I cooked them in mason jars, which is so versatile and so much fun!!!

Awesome- I had everything except for the pepperoni so I used salame (low sodium) and my 5 year old loved it. This will make a great lunch for school too. Glad I stumbled across your recipe. Thanks.

I did end up making this for dinner for us tonight and it tasted really good. I added pizza seasoning along with the oregano and I had the mini pepporoni pieces so I didn’t even have to cut them up.
    Bill and I were talking about using sausage and the 4-cheese Italian next time.
    I found this really easy and really good, thanks for sharing. =)

This looks great!! But how many pieces are we talking about? I mean, how many muffins per batch can this recipe make? (all muffins being the size of the one in the pictures off course :P)

I made these but I used ham, pineapple, pepper jack cheese and unflavoured almond milk (that is what I had). I also used regular sized muffin tins. My husband and I both thought they were delicious!

I am neither a mommy or a daddy yet, but this recipe is fantastic. I’ve made it about 4 times now and its such an easy snack to make. ^5 More men need to check stuff out like this. These will make great gameday snacks.

I have been making these for about two years now. Every time we have a pot luck at work, and I always make them for our Alabama tailgate in Tuscaloosa! Our tailgating friends now make requests for them, and I have been asked multiple times for the recipe. In short, they are a hit!