This post is sponsored by Lunchbox. As always, all opinions are my own.
It’s summertime and for us that means lots and lots of cooking on the grill on our back porch. There is just something special about watching the children and the dog play in the backyard, and helping my husband prepare dinner on the grill. I mostly just watch, because I’m not confident in my skills on the grill, but spending time together is really the most important part. Good food is just a perk.
This week we enjoyed the All-American BBQ-Bacon Cheeseburger I found on the Kraft website. Because I clearly have issues with following the recipe and because I wanted to cook using the grill, I changed things up just a bit and added some spices to the meat.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp Homemade Steak Rub
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Kraft Original Barbeque Sauce, divided
- 4 hamburger buns or kaiser rolls
- 4 Kraft Singles
- 4 lettuce leaves (I used butter lettuce)
- 1 tomato, cut into slices
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and broken in half.
- Light the grill on high heat, and prepare it for your patties. While grill is heating, prepare your meat and make patties.
- In a large bowl, add the ground meat, homemade steak rub, salt and black pepper. Gently combine all the ingredients being careful not to overwork the meat. Don't squeeze the meat, but handle lightly. Divide into equal portions, and shape into a ball. Again, don't squeeze and press the meat firmly, you just want the basic shape of a ball. Once you have four equal balls, gently flatten each one to make the patties.
- Place patties on a hot grill and allow a crust to form on the outside, to help seal the juices on the inside. Allow to cook for about 5-6 minutes on the first side, and flip.
- Take half of the barbeque sauce and brush it over the cooked side of the patties. Allow to cook until the internal temperature reaches at least 160 degrees. Any temperature less than 160 is unsafe and not recommended. Once the patties are finished cooking, remove from heat, top with cheese and allow to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Assemble your burger with lettuce, tomato, reserved barbeque sauce and bacon, and enjoy!
There are so many burger recipes on the Great American Cheeseburger website, that if you wanted, you could be eating cheeseburgers for weeks.
This summer Kraft Foods is giving all Brad Paisley fans the chance to enter to win Brad Paisley concert tickets! Over 400 photo-sharing fans will win a pair of tickets to one of Brad Paisley’s unforgettable summer concerts. Simply head on over to the Great American Bacon Cheeseburger site, click the “enter now” button, and upload a photo of your “Cheesy Family Moments”. Plus, ten lucky entrants will win a Grand Prize or First Prize trip!
A three day/two night trip for four (4) to a Sponsor specified location to attend a Brad Paisley concert. Trip includes round-trip coach class air transportation for four (winner and three guests) from major airport nearest winner’s residence to Sponsor specified city on Sponsor selected dates in 2014, two (2) nights hotel accommodations (based on quad occupancy), round-trip ground transportation to/from airport/hotel/concert venue, four (4) tickets to the Sponsor-selected Brad Paisley concert and $1,500 spending money, awarded in the form of a check made payable to the winner (ARV: $6,800 each).
Five First Prize Winners
A three day/two night trip for two (2) to a Sponsor specified location to attend a Brad Paisley concert. Trip includes round-trip coach class air transportation for four (winner and one guest) from major airport nearest winner’s residence to Sponsor specified city on Sponsor selected dates in 2014, two (2) nights hotel accommodations (based on double occupancy), round-trip ground transportation to/from airport/hotel/concert venue, two (2) tickets to the Sponsor-selected Brad Paisley concert and $1,000 spending money, awarded in the form of a check made payable to the winner (ARV: $4,900 each).
Extra, Extra! Read All About It
To win Brad Paisley memorabilia or Walmart gift cards, sign up for the Paisley Points reward program to make sure you get extra rewards when you purchase select Kraft Foods products. When you buy participating Kraft Foods Cheese brands, and scan your receipts, you will earn points that you can redeem for Walmart gift cards and awesome Brad Paisley memorabilia.
I know that is a lot of information to digest, but really it all just comes down to trying this All-American Grilled BBQ-Bacon Cheeseburger, entering the “Cheesy Family Moments” contest, and signing up for the Paisley Points reward program.
Don’t you just want to take a bit out of that! YUM! What’s your favorite kind of cheeseburger?