If you’re looking for an easy, delicious, better for you after school snack idea, these Homemade Yogurt Covered Blueberries fit the bill!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HorizonLunch #CollectiveBias
In Texas our summers are pretty unbearable. Well, most of the year is pretty unbearable, but the summers are just excruciating. I mean, no matter how you look at it, 108 is HOT!
I’m not sure if it’s just my kids, but they are always hungry. From the moment their feet hit the floor in the morning, until their little heads are fast asleep on their pillows, they want food.
Which is fine, but sometimes it’s hard for me to keep up with their big appetites with options I feel comfortable serving them. I want to provide them with food I can feel good about serving them and at prices that are affordable.
It does take a little bit of time to dip and then freeze the blueberries, but they’re definitely worth the effort and wait.
Every creamy, delicious spoonful of Horizon® organic Yogurt offers live and active cultures. Mix it in cereal or fruit salad, add a dollop to your smoothie, or make these Homemade Yogurt Covered Blueberries. Enjoy it however you like.
In five irresistible flavors: Key Lime, Vanilla, Strawberry, Blueberry, and Raspberry, each cup is perfect for the lunchbox or as an after school snack.
For these Homemade Yogurt Covered Blueberries, I used a vanilla Horizon yogurt cup. But honestly, I think any flavor would be delicious.
Homemade Yogurt Covered Blueberries
- 1 Horizon® vanilla yogurt cup
- 1/2 - 1 cup blueberries, depending on the size
Other Items Needed:
- baking sheet
- wax paper
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Wash blueberries and pat dry.
- Using a toothpick, dip blueberry into yogurt and twirl. With a different toothpick, remove covered blueberry from dipping toothpick and place on prepared baking sheet. Continue until you've dipped all the blueberries.
- Place in freezer for 1-2 hours, or until the yogurt has set.
- Remove from baking sheet and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 6g
Need more kid-friendly recipes? Check out these options: