wordpress statistics

One of My Most Embarrassing Moments

Last Thursday I went to the bank like I do every week. I work with my dad Tuesday through Thursday and he writes my check on Thursday so I go to the bank to deposit it and get cash back to pay our sitter. For some reason, my brain was totally not working right because I did something so stupid and senseless that I’ve been pondering even blogging about it.

So…it goes something exactly like this:

I drive up to the drive-thru lane and put my deposit slip, check and drivers license into the little tube and sent the tube on it’s way. This is where I get stupid! I totally drove off without waiting for anything back from the bank teller. Yes, you read that right. I drove off. About two minutes or so down the road I realize what I’ve done. My heart starts pounding in my chest, I can feel the anxiety kicking in and wouldn’t you know that all of a sudden everybody and their momma is driving slow in front of me and I catch every stinkin’ red light. I don’t know the number to the bank, so I’m freaking out as I’m trying to make my way back to the bank. Those few minutes felt like the longest few minutes ever!

I finally get back to the bank and walk up to a bank associate in total embarrassment and humiliation. I quietly explained to her what happened and she had already been made aware of my stupidity. She quietly told me not to worry about it and was very reassuring and kind. I’m sure was dying laughing on the inside but at least she made me feel better. The drive-thru teller didn’t send the tube back out because she saw that I had drove off, so thankfully I still had my cash and drivers license.  I don’t know what was going on with me that day, but I hope I never experience that again.

Do you have any horribly embarrassing moments?  I’m sure it would make me feel much better if you’d share yours too! :->

Crystal Reagan, the owner and founder of SimplyBeingMommy.com lives in Small Town, Texas with her husband and 3 children. Crystal and her website have been featured on local and national news stations including Channel 2 Houston and ABC News. She has also appeared on BetterTV as a Mommy Expert for VTech.

Comments

Last summer, when I was at the drive-thru lane at our bank and it was one of those crazy busy Fridays where everyone decides to go to the bank at once. It was after 5 and the inside of the bank was already closed so everyone was in the drive thru lane. When I FINALLY got up to the teller, I sent my check through with my drivers license. I was totally running late for dinner by the time she sent it back and without thinking I stuck the whole tube on my seat and drove off. I didn’t get very far before the honking alerted me to the fact that the tube was sitting on the passenger seat. I had to get out of my car and jog it back over to the person behind me! All that to say…I totally feel your pain!
    .-= Lisa @ Simplified Saving´s last blog ..Free Kraft Sandwich Shop Flavored Mayo Samples =-.

@Lisa

I’m so glad I’m not the only one with a embarrassing bank tale, LOL!

I’ve done that, but at an ATM. I put my card in, punched in my pin, got my cash and drove off! Thankfully I came back and although a car had pulled up behind me, they recognized me and let me pull my card that was sticking out of the beeping machine!

Honestly, i have put the milk in the cabinet and the cereal in the fridge..i just think sometimes you forget where you are at. LOL!

trisha
    .-= trisha momdot mom blog´s last blog ..Lilikiks Active Wear for Active Girls! =-.

Aww, don’t be so hard on yourself! Everyone has those moments. There have been multiple instances when I’ve been in the grocery store, paid for my items – and left the bag of groceries sitting on the counter as I walk off. LOL!
    .-= Beeb Ashcroft´s last blog ..Tub of Organic Shredded Coconut – Ends 06/09 =-.

Jennifer B says:

awww, I am sure they understand.

I asked for some dog treats to go when my dog was waiting in the car because I went inside. Husband told me it wasn’t a fast food place…lol

Lauralee Hensley says:

My husband lost his wallet in the parking lot of our bank one day, but we weren’t sure where he lost it, so we retraced our steps. We even went to the post office and had them open up an outside drop box to see if he accidentally dropped it in there with the mail we’ve put in an hour earlier. We went to Walmart and asked, then to a bread store we used and asked. Finally I convinced him to go to the bank. We asked an associate and no, she said no one had found a wallet. I told him to ask another associate. He did so relunctantly and guess what, that one did have it in the vault. Someone going out to their car saw it on the ground. Apparently when my husband got in the Jeep it must have come up out of his back pocket. Guess what I don’t let him wear those pants anymore. I think they were too tight and that wallet had to where to go but up and out. I’m so thankful to whoever it was that took the wallet back in. Nothing was missing from it either. Thank Goodness.
    I have however locked us all out of the house once, and the garage door opener was broke at the time. So my husband broke a window to get us in. I wish he’d have paid for a locksmith instead, I think it would have been cheaper than getting the screen and screen frame and window fixed.

Letrice says:

Yesterday I went in the store to pay for gas. After I paid I got back in my car and left without even pumping the gas! Luckily I was able to go back and they let me pump my gas!

carol y l says:

In our family we call those smooth moves and we love to bring it up to each other and say, remember when you did that?! And they go, well, remember when you did that?! All in good fun!
    My smooth move was I went shopping with my grown daughter and when we got back to the car I got in the back seat of the car on the drivers side. Only thing was there were only the two of us and I was driving! LOL

anonymous says:

Oh but this is really funny! My SIL was looking for his baby girl and saying XX XX where are you? Then he realized he was holding her! LOL

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories. It makes me feel better knowing I’m not alone :->

Kristi C says:

Don’t feel too embarassed. I once went to the post office and instead of putting my mail in the outside drop box, I put in my checkbook and driver’s license. I had to go inside, tell them what I did, and wait on someone to go out to get my items. It didn’t help that the lobby was full of people. I swear I heard a few snickers.

Aww, honey, we all do stuff like that.
    .-= Virginia from Lady V dZine´s last blog ..Vote for Hannah =-.

Oh man! I know I’ve done things like that, can’t think of any now (I try to repress them ;). But thanks for the laughs, everyone’s stories were making me laugh out loud.

Yep, I have been the same genius – in fact I have done half of the ones that people have even left comments for. I drove off with the little tube thing, drove off after punching the “send” without waiting to get it back, AND I did the ATM thing – except I did it at like 9pm on a Saturday night, and Monday was a holiday, so I couldnt get my card back until Tuesday morning. Apparently when you leave the card sticking out for more than like 2 minutes it SUCKS it back in, and a bank employee has to get it out for you. Sooo embarrassing.
    .-= Lynsey Jones´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday – May 26, 2010 =-.

You’d be suprised the things I’ve done. I always blame it on lack of caffine. Unlike you I’m not brave enough to share but thank you, you gave me a good giggle

OMG I’d have totally freaked out! Thank goodness it all worked out ok!

Donna B. says:

Trust me, you’re not the first person to do that (and you definitely won’t be the last!).

It is a horrible feeling though. Glad your teller was observant and held your items for you 🙂

Oh this one is short and sweet. Well funny, not sweet. I had my hands full of grocery bags when I arrived at my front door. My keys were in my hands so I reached for the keyless entry thingy and pushed the unlock button! Now really?! I even had it aimed at the door!! Ha ha.
    .-= Chelle´s last blog ..Feeling lucky? =-.

Kristin says:

Don’t feel bad, Crystal…now, I haven’t done this, but I can certainly empathize. I am not an “airhead” (at least I don’t think so!) but I find that sometimes I am so distracted and so busy thinking about things I have to do, etc., that I can be totally absentminded about what I’m actually doing. So, believe me…I could do the same any day of the week. 🙂

I had an embarassing moment yesterday involving my son… While out doing errands, I had to change my 2 year old, but had no extra diapers…so I put him in his 3 year old brother’s extra pair of underwear from the diaper bag. We went on with errands (me forgetting that he was now wearing underwear and is only partially potty-trained!), and we went to Quiznos to treat ourselves with the online coupon and free kids meals. As I was ordering, my 2 year old went potty ALL OVER the floor! It was a really big mess…and the employees were not amused. They handed me plastic gloves and rags and I cleaned it up. Poor little guy felt bad!