Food, fun, and festivities await you at the Disneyland Resort. Now within Disney’s California Adventure Park, guests can enjoy the all-new Festival of Holidays at the Disneyland Resort. The Festival of Holidays brings the joys of the world’s holidays to park guests.
I had an opportunity to tour the festival with some of my friends and then later on with my family.
Festival of Holidays at the Disneyland Resort
Each of the 14 kiosks are located in California Adventure theme park from Carthay Circle to Paradise Garden. Each offers a unique menu, themed after holidays such as Diwali, Kwanzaa, and Christmas. The large samples range in price, but I paid between 6 and 9 dollars for my food items. Drinks and desserts round out the meals.
Vegetarian items are available, and marked on the menu with an asterisk. I started with the carrot & chickpea fritters, and they were phenomenal. Such an unexpected treat to find such flavor in vegetarian options. But Disney does make dining magical for those with dietary restrictions.
Located at the entrance to the Festival of Holidays area and near many other marketplace locations, you’ll find dining maps to direct your dining (& your drooling). Here are just some of the offerings at three locations:
- Spice Salutations – chicken and potato curry, carrot and chickpea fritters, cardamom and saffron sweet cheese tart, mango lassi
- Southern Hope Holidays – grilled spicy chicken sausage, mac and cheese, sweet potato pie, hard lemonade, cranberry sweet tea
- Good Fortune’s Feast – adobo pork bao, smoked duck and vegetable spring roll, chilled papaya shrimp salad, winter mint milk tea
To help spread the good cheer, crafts are offered for the little ones to enjoy. My youngest learned about the Dewali, the Festival of Lights as she colored.
While enjoying the festival, guests will also be treated to world-class entertainment. There are more than 50 performances daily, again representing holidays around the world. Some samples of the fun include:
- The Holiday Toy Soldiers march throughout California Adventure and I’m fairly certain they were playing metal. My husband’s holiday dreams came true.
- Join along with Blue13 Dance Company’s Bollywood style dance party.
- Enjoy music from Grammy-award winning Mariachi Divas or Mostly Kosher Klezmer Band.
Your favorite Disney friends aren’t going to miss out. Mickey and Minnie join the fiesta with folklorico dancers and The Three Caballeros (from the classic film of the same name) in the ¡Viva Navidad! holiday celebration.
Also a highlight, especially for my seven-year-old, is the arrival of Princess Elena of Avalor into the resort. Guests can welcome her with a musical cavalcade.
The Fesitval of Holidays at the Disneyland Resort is full of food and fun for the whole family. You can celebrate the holidays now until January 8, 2017. Will you be joining in on the fun at Festival of Holidays at the Disneyland Resort?
More Disney magic can be found here: