With Thanksgiving just days away, I find myself getting super excited about spending the day with my family. Each year we make our way over to my parents house to enjoy a meal of all the Thanksgiving normals like deep fried turkey, ham and cornbread stuffing along with my mom’s delightful desserts like Oreo pie and cheesecake.
My husband has to work on Thanksgiving Day (which is a huge bummer) but he usually gets off in time to enjoy lunch with us as a family. We then get to spend the remainder of Thanksgiving Day, plus Friday, Saturday and Sunday together so I try not to complain too much about him working on Thanksgiving Day.
After eating on Thanksgiving Day, we usually all sit around the television watching all the cooking shows on Food Network (because obviously we have a food addiction). The children usually play games, color and just enjoy their time doing whatever it is they want to do.
After letting our food digest, we then start scouring the sales ads getting ready for our Black Friday shopping. And yes, my husband heads this up every single year. (Don’t hate ladies, but he’s already taken.) He loves Black Friday shopping and I tag along just to spend much needed time with him. Although this year, we’ve started early. Many stores are offering early online ordering, so I’ve been taking advantage of ordering online instead.
And because most of our Thanksgiving festivities revolve around food, we can’t forget about the offerings from Hickory Farms. This year I received the Hickory Farms Pack and Go Picnic Tote which retails for $60 and includes sweet and savory selections.
My daughter is a summer sausage fanatic so when she saw the Hickory Farms box show up, she couldn’t wait to dig in and get some sausage. My boys on the other hand saw the sweets and they couldn’t wait to dig in to those.
The Pack and Go Picnic Tote includes:
- Signature Beef Summer Sausage 7 oz.
- Turkey Summer Sausage 5 oz.
- Farmhouse Cheddar 4 oz.
- Holiday Pretzels 7 oz.
- Peanut Brittle 4 oz.
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Mini Melt Away Mints 4 oz.
- Olive Oil & Rosemary Crackers 1.5 oz.
My personal favorites were the Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies and the White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies. The smooth chocolate coating over a peppermint cookie then topped with crushed peppermint pieces seriously just melted in my mouth. But I really enjoyed every single thing in the box, as did my husband and children.
Hickory Farms makes for an easy snack, easy entertaining option and an easy gift idea.
You can purchase the Hickory Farms Pack and Go Picnic Tote for the suggested retail price of $60.00.
One (1) winner will receive the Hickory Farms Pack and Go Picnic Tote!
How to Enter:
Simply leave me a comment below letting me know one of your holiday traditions!
Extra Entries Available:
After you have completed the first entry, you are eligible for additional entries. Make sure you leave a separate comment for EACH entry. Each counts as one extra entry unless noted otherwise.
- Subscribe to Simply Being Mommy by reader or email.
- Add Simply Being Mommy (Crystal Reagan) on Google+.
- Join the Simply Being Mommy Community.
- “Like” Simply Being Mommy and Hickory Farms on Facebook.
- Follow Simply Being Mommy and Hickory Farms on Twitter AND Tweet about the giveaway. Leave the URL to the Tweet in your comment. You can tweet once a day, but remember to leave the URL to each tweet. You must have at least 100 followers for this extra entry. You can tweet ” Win a @HickoryFarms Pack and Go Picnic Tote just in time for the holidays from @simplybeingmom! http://bit.ly/Ua7ah1 #HickoryFarmsMom “